PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Subversion or Imp Icy Touch?

Krehinth
03-23-2010, 11:23 AM
With the 3.3.3 and its changes to Icy touch, which do you think is the better choice of talents?

Armory here (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Uther&cn=Krethinth&gn=Shroud+of+Ascension)

Edgewalker
03-23-2010, 11:24 AM
You shouldn't have to choose unless you are taking a talent that is sub-par to both. Link your spec in question.

Krehinth
03-23-2010, 11:27 AM
Edited post

Edgewalker
03-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Rune Tap / Imp Rune Tap, Corpse Explosion, and Mark of Blood are probably overall worse talents for most tiers of content than either Subversion or Imp. Icy Touch. Dancing Rune Weapon definitely provides more single target threat than Corpse Explosion will also, if you are looking for an additional threat talent. I personally wouldn't drop RT/IRT for Imp. Icy and DRW out of what you just linked, or possibly drop all the aformentioned talents and grab Sudden Doom and Imp. Icy Touch.
Takes some button clicking out of the rotation for ease of use and performance.

Dagmarr
03-26-2010, 02:55 AM
Rune Tap / Imp Rune Tap, Corpse Explosion, and Mark of Blood are probably overall worse talents for most tiers of content than either Subversion or Imp. Icy Touch. Dancing Rune Weapon definitely provides more single target threat than Corpse Explosion will also, if you are looking for an additional threat talent. I personally wouldn't drop RT/IRT for Imp. Icy and DRW out of what you just linked, or possibly drop all the aformentioned talents and grab Sudden Doom and Imp. Icy Touch.
Takes some button clicking out of the rotation for ease of use and performance.

Dancing Rune Weapon causes ZERO threat, as it comes from a pet. That is one of Unholy's main problems. Improved Icy Touch should be taken for the speed decrease. Sudden Doom is really low threat, and Rune Tap will almost certainly lead to 100% overheal unless your healer is dead.

Satorri
03-26-2010, 05:22 AM
Dag, you really don't know what you're talking about.

Unless it was changed in 3.3.3 (I haven't been watching), DRW has been granting threat since the last mini-patch. So has Gargoyle for that matter. It never was a problem for Unholy.

Imp IT is a good slow, but since IT does obscene threat now it is also a valuable threat talent, thus the topic of the post.

Sudden Doom is not low on threat, it is actually a fine and competitive choice depending on whether or not you have points in Morbidity.

I average about 20% overhealing on my Rune Tap and it represents 10-30% of my self-healing even with judicious use of DS. Healers cannot respond as quickly as a skilled Rune Tapper.

zuke8675309
03-26-2010, 05:26 AM
Dancing Rune Weapon causes ZERO threat, as it comes from a pet. That is one of Unholy's main problems. Improved Icy Touch should be taken for the speed decrease. Sudden Doom is really low threat, and Rune Tap will almost certainly lead to 100% overheal unless your healer is dead.

This is completely inaccurate. DRW does produce threat and it comes from the Blood tree not Unholy. And Rune Tap is not useless.

Edgewalker
03-26-2010, 05:56 PM

Literally everything you said was inaccurate. I don't value Rune Tap very much, but it definitely isn't 100% overheal if you have a brain and a keybinding.