PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Shattering Throw and Sunder Armor

Kyndas
03-23-2010, 05:22 AM
I've been trying to read posts to determine if these abilities armor reduction stack or not? Just been considering on fights like fester, rotface, saurfang if its viable or worth it to stance dance from defensive stance to battle stance, pop a shattering throw off, and go back to defensive stance for the extra armor reduction while keeping us devastates/sunder.

Anyone do this already or tell me if these abilities stack? If they do stack is it additive or multiplicative?

Thanks for your time in answering.

Kyndas

Brage
03-23-2010, 06:26 AM
A shattering throw stacks additively with both sunders and other shattering throws afaik, making it optimal for 3 warriors to throw it at the same time during bloodlusts.

gom
03-23-2010, 07:15 AM
A shattering throw stacks additively with both sunders and other shattering throws afaik, making it optimal for 3 warriors to throw it at the same time during bloodlusts.

source?

Kazeyonoma
03-23-2010, 09:51 AM
i know shattering stacks with sunder and faerie fire, this has been tested, and is a net boost in dps to any physical dps in your raid (barring 100% arp capped classes which will see smaller gains). I've never seen a test or proof that multiple shattering throw's stacked together, and in fact, stacking all of them on top of each other probably aren't ideal due to the aforementioned 100% arp Capped classes. If you reduce the bosses base armor to such a small amount (by having 3 shattering throws up), the cap for ArP becomes small in which case the stat is being wasted. I think it's better to keep sunder/ff on the boss, and during the bloodlust phase, to stagger your shattering throws to land continuously throughout the BL. It's always worked out well for my raids, but I haven't tested with 2 up, (I can try to test with Destruyen tonight if he and I aren't busy)

Raysere
03-24-2010, 06:55 AM
http://www.wowwiki.com/Armor_pen

Read the last few paragraphs from the bottom of the page.

Effectivly, ST is required to reduce a boss to 0 armor with Faerie Fire, Sunders and "100% ArP" from gear. Armor works in such a way that removing the last few points of armor will increase damage taken more than each individual point removed previously, making ST especially effective for those classes who are at, or close to the ArP hard-cap. You should use it at every chance you get.

I don't know for sure but I doubt multiple STs stack on a target at once, does the debuff show up more then one time if you do so? I'd expect the second to simply overwrite the first.

Edit: Actually, i'm wrong with the italic'd bit based on the data I can find. I hate math.

Bodasafa
03-24-2010, 08:39 AM
I'm fairly certain the shatters do not stack.

We make sure we have a fully sundered target, then when we use heroism we have a shatter rotation to keep a shatter up over the course of heroism.

Kyndas
03-25-2010, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I did use ST and sunders together for first time in our 10icc raid last night. I can't say it was the only contributor, but we knocked 45s off our fester kill time and killed rotface in just over 3min.

Just sorry i did not realize these abilities stacked earlier.