PDA

View Full Version : help with tactics for acidmaw/dreadscale

vultureman
03-23-2010, 05:15 AM
Ok..

I've tanked dreadscale several times in pugs for the weekly. Whenever I've done this I simply take him to the side and tank him and eventually acid dies and people then down dread. To be honest I haven't really payed attention to what the other tank was doing.

So a couple of weeks ago we tried a guild run.. we couldnt get past these worms. I tanked dread until the last go when I tanked acid..when I got the acid debuff I wasn't sure what to do and got paralyzed resulting in yet another wipe.

There was immense confusion over the debuffs and what to do when the tanks get them. Is the acid tank supposed to move to the burning bite tank, or does the burning bite tank move to the acid tank to clear the debuff?

Ryoku
03-23-2010, 05:22 AM
Well when the tank has the toxin, we move a person that has the burning bita to thetank, be it the other tank or another player.

The way I always explain it is:

Beggining Tank will get the red debuff (burning bile). If you have the green debuff run to him to clear it.

Afterwards the person with the Red debuff goes out of the group an all the people with the green debuff run to him. Except if a tank has the green debuff then the person with the red debuff runs to him.

Works every time.

P.s. Pallies can divin shield out of the green debuff

Rakaneth
04-15-2010, 07:05 AM
What happens when the Acidmaw tank gets Paralytic Toxin in the beginning of the fight when the Dreadscale tank has Burning Bile? My answer was to Intervene the Acidmaw tank and Charge back to Dreadscale (I R WARYAR!) but that can't be the best solution.

Strit
04-16-2010, 10:36 PM
I've been having trouble in this fight as well. It's usually me tanking Acidmaw. I get paralized every time I tank it. Think I'll try the intervene thing next time. :)

Insomnia
04-23-2010, 12:02 AM
Tbh, several ways of doing it. Dreadscale can be tanked so that the dread tank can run to the acid tank, touch him, and move back into position. This of course means they need to be tanked close to each other. Which isn't difficult anyways.

You may also get ranged to run to the tank. Or you can get the acid tank to run to dreadscale.

Quinafoi
04-23-2010, 09:25 AM
At the start rather than relying on the mechanics of the class to allow you to get to the other tank quickly while snared, what is advisable is after the mobile one does it's spray attack you have about a 15 second window before the next spray. The tank on the mobile one can move towards the other tank to clense their debuff and then move back to pointing the mobile one at the wall. The start is really the only touchy part of the fight. As a very general rule after that is if the stationary one spits on you, you go run to the mobile tank (either you have fire and need to clense the tank, or you are poisoned and need the tank to clense you).