PDA

View Full Version : Tanking 3.3.2 Tanking Rotaion and Spec

thebda
03-22-2010, 01:48 PM
I've heard there has been a lot of changes to skills in the last patch so I'm wondering what Spec/Rotation(skill priorities) the current patch favors. Previously my priority of skills was shield slam, revenge, concussion blow, shock wave, devastate. What does the current build favor? Sorry if this was posted already but I couldn't find it in any of my searches.

Kazeyonoma
03-22-2010, 01:54 PM
in the current patch,(which btw will be changing to 3.3.3 soon and further change our rotation) if you glyph devastate (and you should!) the rotation is....

shield slam -> shockwave -> devastate. Conc blow and revenge are dropped out since they do less damage/threat than the other 3. simple rotation, basically spam ss and devastate and hit shockwave on cd if there's no add/mechanic you need to save it for.

in 3.3.3 it will go back to shield slam -> revenge -> shockwave -> devastate. (still drop conc blow cuz it now does half the damage it used to).

Aggathon
03-22-2010, 01:59 PM
I thought conq blow was still the same threat, so keep it in, even if it's half damage I leave the dps to the dps classes, I much prefer doing more threat to doing more dps. If I'm wrong and it doesn't do more threat then other abilities then I'll stand corrected, but as far as I'm aware it still competes for threat, right?

Kazeyonoma
03-22-2010, 02:18 PM
hrm, you're right, i have oversighted that part, it was changed to half damage but doubled threat therefore same threat overall, but I don't recall if it generated more threat than devastate. WarTorn where are you!

MellvarTank
03-22-2010, 02:21 PM
I don't recall it generating more threat than devastate since the buff (and glyphed devastate mind you), but it is a threat beast.

Raysere
03-22-2010, 02:33 PM
I don't recall it generating more threat than devastate since the buff (and glyphed devastate mind you), but it is a threat beast.

Correct, glyphed devastate:

Devastate
Average Threat: ~3160
Average Damage: ~8850

Concussion Blow:
Average Threat: ~2120
Average Damage: ~8800

According to Wartotem's sheet.

Kazeyonoma
03-22-2010, 02:42 PM
so.... you never need to hit conc blow then if devastate is threated, it generates more damage, and more threat, for 1 global, better to just save it for a utility skill rather than muck up the rotation with it and deal less damage/threat per global.

Aggathon
03-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Ah, well fair enough!