PDA

View Full Version : ICC 10 - Regular Proffesor

Benza
03-22-2010, 07:21 AM
Hey I just a few questions I would have in General for my raid.

How much average DPS is needed on average from each player to beat the enrage timer?
How much should the average green slime crash the raid?

We seem to get him to around 60 percent and than the raid would wipe but it would have to be the problem that we were 3 healing it that night, would it greatly help out if we were going too 2 heal it instead?

The problem I think, was that we that one extra dps would be real nice since we would get the adds down faster aswell as getting more time to kill the proffesor to get to phase 3.

Thanks for any feed back you can give =)

Spirithooff
03-22-2010, 07:34 AM
Hi Benza,

I don't remember how much dps we had on our first kill, but if you're able to kill festergut within the timer, your dps "should" be fine.

We always did this fight with 2 heals. The more dps you have, the less heal you need since there wont be any Slime crash.

The biggest problem our guild had, is not the occasional slime crash, but the third phase starting with 1 Slime up.
We didn't make the "soft" enrage since our dps needed to kill the add before professor.

Hope it helps,
sorry for my bad english

Spirithooff/Alexstrasza/US

marklar
03-23-2010, 10:37 AM
Hey I just a few questions I would have in General for my raid.

How much average DPS is needed on average from each player to beat the enrage timer?
How much should the average green slime crash the raid?

We seem to get him to around 60 percent and than the raid would wipe but it would have to be the problem that we were 3 healing it that night, would it greatly help out if we were going too 2 heal it instead?

The problem I think, was that we that one extra dps would be real nice since we would get the adds down faster aswell as getting more time to kill the proffesor to get to phase 3.

Thanks for any feed back you can give =)

the green slime hits for around 70k, but it's split among players withing 10 yards, which is why you bunch up on the targeted person.

we have always 2-healed this fight - the healing is not very intense in phases 1&2, and the extra dps is VERY helpful to kill him before one of your tanks gets 5 stacks in phase 3.

Mr.Winkle
03-23-2010, 11:11 AM
Indeed 2 healing this fight helps a lot.

In phases 1 and 2 you don't want to worry about DPS to much, more that people are just doing the right thing. We spend the fight camped out under the green ooze spawn, we all group on it when it spawns and nuke, we generally only get 1 push back before it dies.

For the Orange have ranged get in range when it spawns and then have the kiterrun to the far corner (near green) through the raid. Have melee bash it as it passes the raid and range burn it down.

Bashal
03-23-2010, 11:17 AM
Don't know if it'll still work in 3.3.3 (nothing in patch notes but you never know), but don't forget that rogues can vanish and mages can go invis before tear gas hits at the p2 and p3 transitions, allowing them to dps on the professor while everyone else is stunned, or to finish off an unstable experiment that isn't quite dead.

Ideally though, you want to manage it so you get a clean phase transition without an experiment up.