PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Blade Warding/Blood Draining/Mongoose?

Fudandragg
03-21-2010, 11:02 PM
Which one these enchants are more beneficial for tanking a Paladin.

Because my theory is; If you're using Blade Ward and it Pops, you'll be gaining parry - Which sums up to be Mitigation and reduces your chance of getting hit by a certain amount. But on the other hand - Mongoose...
When it pops, It grants 120 Agility which is good in some ways, But you'll still be hit, just the damage will be reduced be a small amount; You gain armor which is also good, but wouldn't the mitigation be more used over the armor?

Discuss.

Fledern
03-22-2010, 12:17 AM
Clicking the Advanced Search button and entering "Mongoose Blade Ward Draining" will grant you the wisdom you seek

Raysere
03-22-2010, 12:57 AM
200 Parry is avoidance, not mitigation. 120 Agility gives you an amount of Dodge (which is also avoidance), in addition to 240 armor(which is mitigation) and some crit (and haste from Mongoose).

Skaggi
03-22-2010, 03:00 AM
Head over to http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/guides/basic-training/item-enhancements and scroll down to "Melee Weapon Enchant".

Because of the great uptime for paladins normally mungo is still king in the ring. Faster attack speed = more seal proccs and then some armor and avoidance on top.

Cheers!
skaggi

Fudandragg
03-23-2010, 03:36 AM
I use Seal of Command for Aoe tanking.

I believe it's extra hit also generates more threat than SoV