PDA

View Full Version : [25] running Uld hardmodes in 3.3

Vladrake
03-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Going to be doing this for the first time this coming Friday. So i've been watching all of tank spots videos for hardmodes in uld, and are there strats still the go now we are out putting pretty much double the dps, taking less damage, healing for more and everyone has larger health pools (gone form tanks having 30k health to rogues having 30k health)

An example would be Fire Fighter. On 10man during 3.2 we did this but tanked the boss in the center of the room for p1. Would that be viable in 25man due to increased dps or should we kite it around the otuside of the room like in the 25man video.

Any advice on anything to do with uld 25s in 3.3 would be helpful, ty.

Omok
03-21-2010, 01:44 PM
I would personally hold true to the strategies that have already been developed. Let the gear improvements be your buffer for mess ups, don't rethink the entire encounter just to make up for gear.

Bodasafa
03-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Ive gone back to complete Glory of the Ulduar raider on 10 man and our guild is going back for a few of the 25 man ones we missed.

These are still execution heavy. If your raid goes in thinking they are going to steam roll the hard modes (especially FF, Vezaxx, and Yogg), tell them to think again. The old strats are as good today as they were back then.

Fisichella
03-22-2010, 07:47 AM
Don't expect yogg+1 to be a steamroller if a lot of your members have not done it before, or you will get a very sharp awakening. the rest are considerably easier now, but the original strategies are a great starting point.

Vladrake
03-23-2010, 09:27 AM
Thanks all for the help I'm definitely not expecting this to be easy, especially not yog+1 or FF. I would of personally thought vezax wouldn't be to hard with the gear now since healers won't have a problem keeping the tank up at all. I mean on 10man HM vezax we had a pally solo heal and I turned around at some points so he could hit me from behind so I could get mana and alow the dps to keep dpsing, this was half way through toc. I'll definitely stick true to all tankspot strats going into these fights even the ones that may be made easier by gear-better safe than sorry I say.

Hamburglar
03-23-2010, 11:26 AM
Knock x3, Vezax and Yogg still require you to execute. Firefighter can be pretty much zerged down.