PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Corpse Tongue Coin?

Arold
03-20-2010, 03:10 PM
Hi, I'm a prot warrior main-tanking ICC10 and 25, and I need some gear opinions. I've been using these trinkets:
Glyph of Indomitability http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47735
and Heart of Iron http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45158

This week I acquired the Corpse Tongue Coin http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50352 and I'm really not sure to think of it. Which of my old favs should I replace, if either? I also have Ick's Rotting Thumb in the bank but I don't really think it stacks up to these three.

Surtr
03-20-2010, 04:45 PM
Some fights you'd have a better time with both stam trinkets and some 1 stam and armor. An example is Saurfang which is 100% physical damage you'd be better off using a stam and an armor trinket, with fights like Sindragosa you'd be better off using 2 stam trinkets as she is mostly magical, correct me if i'm wrong on that, have never fought her. Oh and if you don't have 2 stam you should probably farm black heart or get corroded skeleton key.

Inaara
03-22-2010, 10:42 AM
My CTC is burning a hole in my bags. I haven't found a boss to use it on. The EH missed from using this item is not worth the dodge/proc gained.

TBuckton
03-22-2010, 04:08 PM
CTC is good for LK as his p2 hits are going to proc it almost every time. Other than that, it maybe useful on fester. I generally go with organ/key and key/scarab (until i get sindra's claw).

Fetzie
03-23-2010, 07:08 AM
Other than for soaking soul reaper (Cd on the procc is lower than the SR cooldown so it will procc every time), the corpse tongue coin is only really useful for pushing your gear score to get into pugs

Dreadski
03-23-2010, 09:13 AM
Other than for soaking soul reaper (Cd on the procc is lower than the SR cooldown so it will procc every time), the corpse tongue coin is only really useful for pushing your gear score to get into pugs

Pretty much this, or just vendor it.

Dreadski
03-23-2010, 09:13 AM
double post, suppose I should have left it for emphasis

Toxicacid
03-24-2010, 02:34 AM
You could use this trinket for Stinky and Precious, when they do decimate, its doing to proc the extra armor.

Nighthoof
03-24-2010, 05:17 AM
I only see this trinket being useful for the LK fight, and only if you're using a single tank with no swaps.

iceturtle
03-25-2010, 01:39 AM
Hi, i am also a prot warrior tanking ICC 10/25. http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&cn=Hebele

I had Brewfest Trinket and Skeleton key and yesterday CTC dropped me and i changed Brewfest trinket with CTC. Is this a good thing or do i need to use brewfest trinket? Also i had Black Heart in my bank. Can you give me some advice please.

Aggathon
03-25-2010, 07:20 AM
I wouldn't use CTC in your case iceturtle, and I'd probably use the brewfest trinket over the black heart. However I would recommend that you pick up glyph of indominability and use that.

Kazeyonoma
03-25-2010, 02:22 PM
on heroic saurfang, me and the DK tank both put this on for him, and we noticed a significantly lower gain on his BP, i know some testing went out a few months ago about dodging attacks NOT preventing bp gains, but it seems to be the case since now he is only geting to about 25 BP by 75% whereas we saw much higher bp levels normally (we swapped out for more avoidance as well so it wasn't just this trinket, but it seems a semi viable usage for it at least).

Aggathon
03-25-2010, 03:04 PM
Do you have logs to prove this?

Eisen
03-25-2010, 03:32 PM
So glad I didn't through out the avoidance trinkets if this is so...

Kazeyonoma
03-25-2010, 03:35 PM
I'll see if my druid logged em last night and post, i'm not sure though, some of it was possibly due to me not used to revenge cleave grabbing the adds at first, but even after i fixed that, we noticed bp higher than normal, and went to avoidance heavier gear (not all avoidance, i just swapped my trinkets). So i'll look.

Aggathon
03-25-2010, 07:45 PM
In my experience ranged dps spreading out better led to better BP generation rates, heh =P.

Mawini
03-27-2010, 10:59 AM
Agreed. I've never seen avoidance reduce the rate that he builds power. I have, however, noted that on gunship the the faction leaders don't gain stacks on avoidance. If that matters/helps.