PDA

View Full Version : Professor Putricide Questions

Dyvine
03-18-2010, 12:44 PM
Few things I have been wondering and looking to get answered:

1) 25 man, whats the HP of the Oozes and the Gas clouds.
2) 25 man, how much damage does the explosion from Oozes do and the range of it.
3) 10 man, how much damage does the explosion from Oozes do and the range of it.
4) How much time do you have from the formation of an Ooze until it picks a target and start moving? Also whats the mechanic, if you stack on the green ooze does it pick someone at ranged only? Or does it have a chance to pick someone who stands right next to it?

Thanks!

cael
03-18-2010, 12:51 PM
I only know the answer to #4 : The Green Ooze can target both those next to it and at range. You want all your melee right on top of it so it spreads the damage and is easily healable.

Dyvine
03-18-2010, 01:38 PM
Do you know the time it takes from it to spawn and for it to pick a target? From what I have observed it seems to be about 5-6 seconds.

Bodasafa
03-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Few things I have been wondering and looking to get answered:

Professor Putricide (http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=36678) , scroll down to the Abilities section and then select the appropriate tab 10/25, normal or heroic. It lists all the abilities and the known information about them.

4) How much time do you have from the formation of an Ooze until it picks a target and start moving? Also whats the mechanic, if you stack on the green ooze does it pick someone at ranged only? Or does it have a chance to pick someone who stands right next to it?

There are several viable strategies, however this is what we use.

10-Man
The circle you see on the floor has 4 pointed sections that come out of it. 2 in the front and 2 in the back with one set on each side of the room. We have the tank and melee stand on the front point of the Orange side and the Ranged/Healers spread out around the back point of the Orange side for the pull. As soon as the green ooze spawns all range immediately nuke it. Once it selects a target, the melee join in to kill it. You can leave 1 melee DPS on the boss full time if the rest of your DPS are good enough to take care of them.

After that we just flip sides, melee and tanks to the front point of the Green side and the Ranged/Healers spread out around the back point of the Green side. Same thing once the orange ooze (gas cloud) spawns range nuke it and melee join in once it has a target.

For phases 1 and 2 we just repeat that flipping sides depending on what ooze is about to spawn.

25-Man
We approach it differently in the 25. On the pull the tank and melee stand on the front point of the Green side and the Ranged/Healers just spread out on the Orange side of the room. Once the boss drops his first ooze puddle, we bring him to the back point on the Green side where the green ooze spawns. Since you have more melee to share damage with you can have all the melee pile up on the green ooze as soon as it spawns and nuke it. It is total RNG on who the target is, range or melee. Sometimes you get lucky and its always ranged, sometimes not. Either way it helps to get it down faster.

Belicia
03-19-2010, 07:49 AM
25-Man
We approach it differently in the 25. On the pull the tank and melee stand on the front point of the Green side and the Ranged/Healers just spread out on the Orange side of the room. Once the boss drops his first ooze puddle, we bring him to the back point on the Green side where the green ooze spawns. Since you have more melee to share damage with you can have all the melee pile up on the green ooze as soon as it spawns and nuke it. It is total RNG on who the target is, range or melee. Sometimes you get lucky and its always ranged, sometimes not. Either way it helps to get it down faster.

I'm going to second this. It is the absolute easiest way to do it.

Once Phase 2 begins, our MT tanks the Professor about 10 yards away from where the Green Ooze will spawn. Once the Professor drops the vials, the MT moves the Professor on top of the Ooze's spawn location. This allows almost zero downtime between the Ooze becoming targettable and DPS on the ooze. It's important to move the Professor away from the spawn location when he can spawn vials, because those vials being on top of the spawn location destroys this strategy.

With this strat, you'll usually take at least one explosion from the Green Ooze. It's not that big of a deal though and easily can be healed. You'll want to have hots rolling and have people immediately healed up, in the event that you take a second explosion.

Bodasafa
03-19-2010, 07:55 AM
I normally kite the boss to the front of the room (which is about 20 yards away from the green ooze spawn point, just right of the door when you walk in) spin him around, he drops the Gas Bombs and then I move back to the green ooze spawn point.

I move him between those 2 points for all of phase 2.