PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Unidentifiable Organ - Up Time and Stacks

Bodasafa
03-17-2010, 11:50 AM
I recently picked up Unidentifiable Organ (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50341) and have been trying to implement it into my tanking set for physical fights due to the massive amount of armor on it. The issue I am having is with the proc. The stacks on average seem very low. I set up a frame to watch it and I think the average was 2.

I used it for Rotface 25 last night to get a sample. I was the MT, side stepped for sprays and ran out for explosions, so that will decrease up time some.

The buff is called Invigorated : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ne8hgx4w2y408p3z/details/17/?s=6236&e=6541

74% up time seems pretty good. However perhaps I'm not able to read the data right, is there a way to see what the average stacks were?

Because the stacks are so low I have a hard time choosing this trinket over the Skeleton Key + Satrina's (non-heroic) combo I generally use, since I have almost all the bonus armor items (see my armory in my sig line link).

So I guess my question is this:

Do you use this trinket for physical fights? Do you find it to have low stacks?

Inaara
03-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Even without the stacks the trinket will offer more EH in comparison to the scarab. I have the skeleton key, scarab and glyph, no organ for me yet >_< and I use the Glyph/Skeleton setup for every encounter EXCEPT for Sindragosa where I use the two stam trinkets.

Arikak
03-17-2010, 01:36 PM
I think the key to the Organ is to think of the stacking buff as simply a bonus. It's really about the armor; what ever you get out of the stacking buff is just gravy on top.

I see a lot of folks on the WoW tanking forums complaining that it never gets to 10 stacks and rarely over 5. The response is always that it's not supposed to be a BiS slot trinket. Though If you get lucky and you can maintain of a stack of 4+ buffs its freakin' amazing. But I don't believe Blizzard wants it to be that reliable. Trinkets should be mixed and matched to the encounter.

swelt
03-17-2010, 05:24 PM
I agree that trinkets should be chosen to suit the encounter. I have organ, key, glyph, satrina (non-heroic), coin. I have yet to find a boss where I'd choose to use the organ over the other options. The uses on the glyph/satrina I have found to be real lifesavers... the key less so but has nice passive stam. I would rather use the glyph and have an extra "don't die now" button for the very small difference in armour.

Frenzy165
03-18-2010, 07:37 AM
I got mine on monday on our 10 man. I love it, for most fights. it really depends on the boss, as to weather or not it stacks up high. On marrowgar, it was up pretty high, and bonestorm stacked it with the pulsing physical AE.

It was absolutely AMAZING on rotface. I tank him first, so i get the first dps phase. When i took him back after our other tank got to his 9 stacks it was slow.. but as soon as he hit 2 inhales.. the stacks shot up like mad and stayed there at full 10 for the duration.

Its also great on trash.. i tank trash as frost and end up stripping mobs off the other tanks with crit howling blasts... the organ stacks like crazy then :P

Inaara
03-18-2010, 09:35 AM
Won it last night along with Facelifter and Sin boots. It's uptime is fairly amazing even on slow hitting bosses like Sin. I think it got up to a 7 stack or so lol. At the end of the raid I ended up passing it to the DK OT since she got nothing lol. WTB ANOTHER ORGAN!

Dragaan
03-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Marrowgar is probably the best fight to use it on. The uptime is really high, and so are the stacks (as long as you don't run to like the very edge of the room alone during BS). Another fight it's good in is blood prince council if you tank both the melee bosses. I also use it on saurfang and blood queen. It's nice during dreamwalker if your side gets a lot of mobs, but that doesn't always happen. It's not too hot on rotface, and for festergut I'd rather use the glyph for the on-use dodge (unless you have the heroic version). You could argue that it's good on heroic sindragosa or lich king 25, as they both melee incredibly hard, but there are bursts of non-physical damage as well and I think static stam is the better option.

Kahmal
03-18-2010, 11:44 AM
I passed on this Trink like an idiot (tried to take it back from the Feral Kitty lol)

Armor is an amazing stat in ICC since your avoidance is shot, and its probably what you'd wanna go with on any fight where your consistently tanking. I wouldn't use it on bosses like Saurfang, Festergut, and Sindragosa where your constantly taunting off each other, cause you probably want the extra health incase your healers are off guard. But MTing bosses like Rotface, BQL and maybe even Blood Princes (if your tanking two Princes) etc. You get the idea.

Eraser
03-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Used it doing hard mode princes last night, I was tanking both Valanar and Taldaram so I pretty much had 10 stacks the entire fight. /cheer

Dragaan
03-18-2010, 03:20 PM
I find it to have terrible uptime on rotface after using it several times while tanking him. Saurfang, on the other hand, it usually stacked up really quick. I mainly use it on saurfang for the armor tho. I probably wouldn't use the normal mode version on him, but I have the heroic one and it works great (I use the heroic corpse tongue coin as the other trinket on him).

Inaara
03-18-2010, 04:10 PM
I find it to have terrible uptime on rotface after using it several times while tanking him. Saurfang, on the other hand, it usually stacked up really quick. I mainly use it on saurfang for the armor tho. I probably wouldn't use the normal mode version on him, but I have the heroic one and it works great (I use the heroic corpse tongue coin as the other trinket on him).

I think he mixed up rotface and festergut.

Miazma
03-19-2010, 10:43 AM
I recently picked up this trinket. I'm curious about the complaints on uptime. I put it on after downing Professor, I used it on trash to the princes, which of course getting beat on by 4 mobs will keep a 10 stack up the whole time. But I also had constant uptime on the princes as well. so i'm not noticing a problem like others have stated, or maybe i haven't tested it on enough encounters yet to voice my opinion.

So for next week, when I do Festergut, of course if i'm not actively getting hit, i wouldn't expect it to be up at all....but after 10-15 hits from him, i expect it to be at 10 stacks and 100% uptime the full duration of tanking him...or am i fooling myself? Rotface i do slime kliting, so duh, it won't proc. Professor i drive the abom, so until i tank him, of course till i am getting hit it won't be up.

I guess my thinking is, if i'm getting hit, it's going to stay up at 10 stacks.

Bashal
03-19-2010, 10:45 AM
From the sound of it:

The more frequently you get hit, the higher it'll tend to stack. The more often you get hit, the more the stacks really matter.

Sounds like it scales with the situation. Hard to think of it as bad. ;)

Bodasafa
03-24-2010, 02:42 PM
I pulled some actual numbers from a WoL parse of our raid last night, here were the results.

ICC 25 Normal
Marrowgar (as a stand there and eat damage tank) - 86.4% Up Time - 37 Total Stacks.

Deathwhisper - no data used double stamina trinkets.

Gunship - no data used double stamina trinkets.

Deathbringer - 47.5% Up Time (good considering its a tank swap fight means realistically that's 97% up time) - 41 Total Stacks.

Festergut (as the second tank, ie 1 turn) - 35.6% Up Time - 22 Total Stacks.

Rotface (as the MT) - 75.4% Up Time - 45 Total Stacks.

Putricide (as the MT) - 71% Up Time - 83 Total Stacks.

Prince Valanar - 77% Up Time - 39 Total Stacks.

Overall I'm quite impressed after looking at the numbers. The up time is great (though the stacks could be a bit higher on some fights IMO). This trinket really shines on Putricide. Its also at a constant 10 stack for trash.

Considering all the movement involved with the parsed fights, running out , dodging spray , ect, ect. I'm inclined to say the trinket has a 80% Up Time on average for the duration your actually tanking. The stacks vary so much its hard to peg an average on them without a counter of some kind.

Inaara
03-24-2010, 03:37 PM
I recently picked up this trinket. I'm curious about the complaints on uptime. I put it on after downing Professor, I used it on trash to the princes, which of course getting beat on by 4 mobs will keep a 10 stack up the whole time. But I also had constant uptime on the princes as well. so i'm not noticing a problem like others have stated, or maybe i haven't tested it on enough encounters yet to voice my opinion.

So for next week, when I do Festergut, of course if i'm not actively getting hit, i wouldn't expect it to be up at all....but after 10-15 hits from him, i expect it to be at 10 stacks and 100% uptime the full duration of tanking him...or am i fooling myself? Rotface i do slime kliting, so duh, it won't proc. Professor i drive the abom, so until i tank him, of course till i am getting hit it won't be up.

I guess my thinking is, if i'm getting hit, it's going to stay up at 10 stacks.

It's hard to use trash and princes as an example. With trash you're getting hit by multiple mobs so it should maintain a 100% uptime. For Princes 10 I tank both of the melee princes so it's going to stay up, even on 25 man it's hard to drop off since he'll be on you the entire fight.

It should have a decent uptime on Festergut but for professor I wouldn't use it unless you were tanking him from the beginning. As an abom driver I would op to use Glyph instead for the dodge use.

Dragaan
03-25-2010, 05:09 PM
Yea, if you aren't the main tank on putricide, the glyph of indomitability is better. You're probably only tanking for 20-30ish seconds, so the on-use dodge is way better.