PDA

View Full Version : Lich King Heroic Discussion

Casper7526
03-16-2010, 06:25 AM
So why not...everyone wants to be stingy with what happens and everything like that, I say we discuss and confirm deny the differences between heroic and non-heroic and basically how you deal with them. We personally havn't attempted it more then a few times, and never got out of phase 1 but that was the week after our first kill. ANYWAY:::...

Phase 1: CONFIRMED

New Ability:

Shadow Trap -

Lich king will shoot a black orb from him to another player (boss mods announce this) this orb will land at said players feet and roughly 5 seconds later a void zone will spawn. If you touch the void zone you go flying back 1000 yards.

Phase 2: SEMI-UNCONFIRMED

New Mechanic:

Valks -

Valks have a large amount (roughly 3x more hp) when they reach 50% they will drop their target then begin to cast a some sort of life siphoning abilitiy, unsure if it heals LK himself or the valk and unsure as to who it is damaging.

Phase 3: CONFIRMED

New Mechanic:

Harvest ALL your FREAKING SOULS! -

Thats right...when lich king casts harvest soul, it hits EVERYONE in your raid. Basically what happens is everything above ground is frozen in place (think yogg) while your raid gets teleported into the frostmourne room.

Instead of vile spirits you will see "wicked spirits" inside the room. These wicked spirits have much lower HP then the vile spirits but their mechanic is more deadly. They will drop small purple bombs wherever they are flying, if you touch a bomb you will die instantly and you will give Lich King a stack of the damage buff as if you failed the frostmourne room. Basically, you better learn to dance and learn to kill those spirits quick cause the more bombs the more deadly the entire SMALL room is.

Thegreatme
03-16-2010, 06:44 AM
in p2 if you fail the DPS check on the valks they go and fly above LK and start healing him until the next round of valkyrs and then they pick someone up again. the healing component of this is unconfirmed but they definitely do not despawn if they drop someone off the edge.

Casper7526
03-16-2010, 06:46 AM
Oh ok, so it might not be...at 50% they fly back up, but just..once they reach the edge? I assume thats about right, because that prevents warlocks from using circles and I assume that they just come down with the next set meaning you have another valk to deal with. p2 is the only one I'm not positive on, so not sure if they do a heal or a dps aura I just know that in 1 shape or another they are able to fly back into the air and that they have much more hp.

gacktt
03-16-2010, 06:48 AM
The enrage timer is insane for this guy, we aren't even going to bother doing 10 heroic until the 20% buff rolls in and we have 277 gear so we can 1 tank/2heal/7dps him or something silly.

Also how does p3 transition work? he summons 4 raging spirits normally and you will never kill all 4 of them on time(1 spawns just as the earthquake goes), and then he aoe soul harvest with raging spirits up?

Casper7526
03-16-2010, 06:54 AM
The enrage timer isn't THAT bad, there are plenty of ways to increase your dps on LK that people do not do.

As for the p3 transistion, yes you will have 1 raging spirit with anywhere from 50-80% hp and 1 raging spirit with 100% hp, but like I said, when you are transported into the frostmourne room, everything above is frozen (ala yogg), so when you come back out it will still be there with aggro tables in-tact.

Thegreatme
03-16-2010, 06:56 AM
if the top room gets frozen yogg tentacle style then they won't attack.

I have actually heard of guilds making who ever gets targeted for raging spirits to run in to the middle and die before it spawns, doing so prevents it from spawning. Obviously though doing this is probably going to get hotfixed eventually, that and I don't think most raids are going to stack 8 druids for that reason.

edit: also apparently LK hits for over 40k with out any stacks of the necrotic touch buff

gacktt
03-16-2010, 07:01 AM
if the top room gets frozen yogg tentacle style then they won't attack.

I have actually heard of guilds making who ever gets targeted for raging spirits to run in to the middle and die before it spawns

Having the 4th raging mark taunt a spirit and get 1-shot, Bresed does kind of make the transition easier now that I think about it.

Thegreatme
03-16-2010, 07:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgDa5zy6ECQ
so the valk'yr definitely fly up to the middle at 50% and if they drop their target (you can see a warlock do the stand on the edge+demonic portal trick and the valk'yr flys up immediately after. they also definitely are casting something, but I don't think it's damage because I didn't see any extra damage going on to the tank. so they are probably either healing him, or doing something like channeling a buff in to him or something like that. those valkyrs never come down and just keep building up. it's hard to tell if ranged are able to hit them or not but I think they can.

Copernicus
03-16-2010, 09:14 AM
When Valks fly up (after dropping off their target), they will spam cast Life Siphon on their highest aggro target. It didn't look like they were healing from the combat log I looked at, but they might be. Ranged can DPS them.

Casper7526
03-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Yeah thegreat, 40k a hit without buffs sounds about right for HMLK25, maybe 30k for 10 man heroic. The latter bosses on hardmode hit for extreme amounts and require extremely geared tanks. I.E> Sindragosa on HM25 will hit a almost BIS tank for just about 40k normal melee hits and 30-35k cleaves. with 40k base frost breaths.

Dragaan
03-17-2010, 01:32 AM
I don't think most raids are going to stack 8 druids for that reason.

Hey, 2 druids and 1 warlock is pretty common. That might be a pretty good idea if p3 is that hectic. You'd have to do everything else perfectly tho, since no rez for other failures that might occur. :x

Casper7526
03-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Yeah if we were to have someone die to prevent a spirit spawn it would be into the p3 transistion and it would be the 3rd raging spirit that spawns as the 4th spawns as the edge is collapsing.

Dragaan
03-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Adept has released their kill video - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAdeptGaming#p/a/u/1/2KYgBEjRx0c

Casper7526
03-18-2010, 02:10 PM
Yep, so everything is basically out there now, only thing I would have done differently on their kill is possibly doing the whole raging spirit despawn trick so they didn't have to have 1 up the entire time cause I'm pretty sure they 2 healed it which obv makes it a bit more difficult for the healers. Other than that, obviously they cheesed it slightly by using all ranged dps, HOWEVER, I believe that a warrior tank with vig taunting could still bring the same level of effectiveness even on heroic, because even if vile spirits remain when you exit the room you are still able to move away (since a defile happens right away anyway) and get those spirits taunted. This brings much more dps on the boss.

As for 2 healing...thats pretty damn impressive to say the least.

Sheeta
03-18-2010, 05:52 PM
Seems you can actually kill it only using 2 healers otherwise you can't beat the enrage timer. I'm really disappointed because you are forced to bring a disc priest who can make the infest a joke while other healers can't.