PDA

View Full Version : Healing Val'anyr

Eravian
03-15-2010, 06:45 AM
My first healing toon, a Holy Paladin, is nearing level 80 and I'm hoping to take him through all the raids again in release order to practice with him and gear him up. That got me curious about Val'anyr http://www.wowhead.com/?item=46017#reward-from-q, the legendary healing mace out of Ulduar. The fact that it's a legendary and worth trying to get for that alone, is Val'anyr still going to be comparable to loot coming out of ICC? Obviously it has less spell power, but with the added effect, etc. on it, I'm just curious if this weapon is still a top choice for healers, Holy Paladins in particular? Didn't see any current threads, so I thought I'd ask.

Either way it's not to say I'll get it, but especially if it's a really valuable weapon for high-end raiding still, I'll put a bit more effort into trying to pick it up then I would if it was just to have a legendary.

Aggathon
03-15-2010, 07:00 AM
Val'anyr increases your healing by 15% and makes it all equivalent to effective healing. It is still flat out the best and will be the best until cataclysm.

swelt
03-15-2010, 07:02 AM
It's also worth noting that unless you have a guild full of people that love raiding content 2 patches out of date week in week out, your chances of getting one are exactly zero.

Eravian
03-15-2010, 07:05 AM
Yeah, like I said I'm not holding out TONS of hope, but I already told my guild I will be putting together runs through older content, and there are a number of people interested in trying for achievements, etc, especially since we never cleared Ulduar past Kologarn on 25-man... so I was just curious, since there's a good chance I'll be running Ulduar anyway, how hard I should try to get the mace.

Raysere
03-15-2010, 10:17 AM
It can take weeks to months to get the fragments together, RNG is a very bad thing. My guild during Ulduar was the last on the realm to get one, despite being the leaders in progress since day one, simply because we had crappy drop rates on fragments. Other guilds had 2 by the time we had one.

I wish you luck though, its a really cool mace.

Crommi
03-15-2010, 10:22 AM
...so I was just curious, since there's a good chance I'll be running Ulduar anyway, how hard I should try to get the mace.
Good luck, those fragments are on quite low droprate and even for us with raiding Ulduar from the day 1, it took 6 months to complete our one and only Val'anyr.
If you really want it, you gotta get to it right now and clear Ulduar on weekly basis before Cataclysm comes.