PDA

View Full Version : Been Waiting a long time for this (10 player).

gacktt
03-14-2010, 11:15 AM
We're finishing up our last 3 quests for our frostwyrms and we are gonna focus on this one.

From my understanding you basically just prolong phase 1 to about 4-5 minutes since normally you end it with maybe 6-7 plague stacks at most.

Will we be in danger of hitting the enrage timer this way? I am thinking we can compensate by going pure dps on LK in phase 3, and my warrior will just keep taunting and absorbing vile spirits so we can end p3 in 2 minutes if LK doesn't steal one of our dpsers.

Crommi
03-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Couldn't you just have infected player stand away from the group with someone else and spam dispel those two to increase stacks before taking it to offtank?

gacktt
03-16-2010, 07:17 AM
Dispeling a plague actually reduces it's stack by one.

From what I heard the first plague is removed entirely, burn the LK to 73%, then melee stay away and just wait till the 2nd plague infects the 15+ ghouls and 2-3 shamblers for 5 or so minutes. Then you rush him down since p2 transition will be at the 6-7 min mark instead of like 2-3 mins into the fight.

Casper7526
03-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Ok, we did the plague one last night actually, and yes even with our gear if your are 3 healing it, you will hit the enrage if you don't have a soaker for the spirits. If you were to 2 heal it, you could do the vile spirit achievement/kill some of them.

Anyway, the way you do the plague achievement is real simple.

Melee go afk
Tank shambling on LK

First Plague runs out of the raid and gets dispelled (this removes the plague)
Second Plague runs into the ghouls and gets dispelled (this starts your chain)
Every other Plague runs out of the raid and gets dispelled.

Now you just sit there with range on LK (NO AOE) to get him down to 72%ish

even with only 2-3 range the'll easily hit 72% before your stack is done building.

You will have 2 shamblings up for quite some time and maybe even possibily 3, if you do get 3, I recommend having range swift off to burn the lowest one.

Other than that the only problem we had, was our dispeller heard, ok "LK at 72%, everyone go afk for a minute" and well he went afk, a 22 stack only hits for 950k btw HAHA, but yeah it was quite epic.

gacktt
03-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Finally got it, was kinda easy though we had 20 secs before enrage.

Well, that pretty much kills any semblance of 10man progression until LK-10 heroic at 20-30% buffs. Alt gearing time!

Regurgitate
03-28-2010, 08:50 AM
Grats on your achievement/Frostwyrms! :)

My guild is currently working on this achievement as well. I'm curious as to what healing comp you guys used? For instance, is this fairly doable without a discipline priest?

gacktt
03-29-2010, 01:28 AM
3 healers, holy priest, disc priest and resto druid. I don't see why you need disc priests unless you plan on 2 healing or something.

It's 100% the same as normal mode, except on p3 the tank has to block all the spirits from hitting the raid as we had to end p3 in 3 and a half minutes and our dpsers kept getting frostmourne'd making it even harder to get.

Casper7526
03-29-2010, 09:52 AM
We 2 healed without a disc priest, 10 man isnt bad.