PDA

View Full Version : Druid Bear Tank Gemming

drae
03-13-2010, 10:19 AM
I recently had a bear tank apply to our guild. As apart of our application process members are to make comment on potential trials.

I'm curious if / how bear tank gemming differs from simply stacking +30 stams. Is hybrid gemming (agi /stam) in red sockets for socket bonus' acceptable or optimal?

Thanks!

Chakka
03-13-2010, 09:17 PM
Shifting dreadstones are prefecty fine to use in red sockets as a bear. Agil is a great stat for a bear and grabbing a bit here and there via hybrid gems/socket bonuses is cool. I Even put straight 20 agil gems in red sockets for my heroics gearset.

lagbringer
03-14-2010, 07:07 AM
I have a question about this also.

I'm currently building up a bear tank: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=pokoloco

Now I keep hearing, STACK STAM ONLY, while others say, use hybird gems to gain some agi

Agi = Dodge/Armor = Less Damage
Stam = HP = more soaking

How should you play this out. I've tanked the first 5 bosses in ICC (1st wing + fester) without much troubles. I got 41K selfbuffed (GOTW)
Currently I have Herb/Inscription but the stam buff from mining is not a bad thing at all I suppose.

But the question is; Shoul you really use only stam gems and get all the agi from you gear or should you put some shifting/pure agi in your gear.

beartanker
03-14-2010, 07:19 AM
I have a question about this also.

I'm currently building up a bear tank: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=pokoloco

Now I keep hearing, STACK STAM ONLY, while others say, use hybird gems to gain some agi

Agi = Dodge/Armor = Less Damage
Stam = HP = more soaking

How should you play this out. I've tanked the first 5 bosses in ICC (1st wing + fester) without much troubles. I got 41K selfbuffed (GOTW)
Currently I have Herb/Inscription but the stam buff from mining is not a bad thing at all I suppose.

But the question is; Shoul you really use only stam gems and get all the agi from you gear or should you put some shifting/pure agi in your gear.

From what the current opinion seems to be, it appears best to gem for stamina where you can and mostly rely on the agility that comes on your gear. I would agree, however, that Shifting Dreadstones are the best option for red sockets. What I don't understand is when druids gem with an Enduring Eye of Zul (10 defense, 15 stamina). Yes, you are matching a yellow socket, but there are better options in Ametrines.

Of course, if you are a jewelcrafter, you can socket three 51-stamina gems, allowing you an additional 63 stamina.

Edit: If you look at my armory, right now, I am only tanking rep runs and various heroics on this toon. So you will notice the AP/crit shoulder enchant and one Delicate Cardinal Ruby in each of my T10 pieces. Those pieces are for my main-spec cat set.

lagbringer
03-14-2010, 08:18 AM
Cheers, thanks for the reply :)

I will be using stam mainly and 1 or 2 shifting ones for the meta gem req also

drae
03-14-2010, 08:58 AM
Thanks peoples!