PDA

View Full Version : ICC10: What next?

casecase89
03-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Hey guise, we got Rotface down for the first time last night in our first night of ICC this week. I figured the Professor would be a bit much for us right now, until we can get the raid more coordinated. What boss should we do next? Blood Princes or Dreamwalker? I'm not sure which one would be easier. After feeling good in downing Rotface we decided to put in a few attempts on Dreamwalker. With 2 attempts we got her up to 65%, not really sure how long we lasted before it started going bad though. I'd like to know though which of the two that would be easier for us to down, or well the most likely.

One thing to note:
We change out members of the raid almost every week due to attendance issues... so pretty much everytime we go in there is someone new learning the progression fight.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terokkar&cn=Unbreachable

Eraser
03-10-2010, 07:29 PM
I'd go princes if your heals aren't up to par Valthria can get harder then it needs to be.

Mr.Winkle
03-11-2010, 04:47 AM
Princes seem to take about the same amount of co-ordination as Prof in my opinion. I think Dreamwalker might be your best bet.

Fayre
03-11-2010, 10:43 AM
I would say Princes. Dreamwalker can be pretty harsh at first when you're learning.

Bashal
03-11-2010, 12:25 PM
The idea of leaving a wing unfinished bugged my guild, so we went ahead and did putricide. It's actually a really fun fight, imo. We didn't mind wiping on it for a couple evenings till we got it right. :D

Honestly, if you have the situational awareness to handle rotface, you have enough to handle putricide.

Ultimately, you know your raiders better than anyone else; but that's my two cents.

marklar
03-11-2010, 12:36 PM
tbh, professor isn't that much harder than the other two, they are just all really different fights.

professor is about raid coordination with a quick burn phase at the end.
princes is more about good tanks and healers, imo - with some amount of raid awareness required.
dreamwalker is about having 3 relatively good healers, two of which can do the portals without letting their buffs drop (i.e. not failing).

Muffin Man
03-11-2010, 06:09 PM
We just downed Putricide last night. It was fun.

I think it takes a big more dps than festergut to get through P3. It might have been a case of our raid not reacting well to the slime pools in P3 though. We downed him the 2nd time we got to p3 so that was a bit of a learn on the fly experience (first time we pushed into p3 while he was spawning an orange slime... that didn't work well).

As for coordination if you can do Rotface, you can do Putricide imo.

Not too sure how he compares since we've only given a few attempts on Blood Princes and Dreamwalker (Dreamwalker looks very doable once we get better at handling the period loss of 2 healers).

Mr.Winkle
03-12-2010, 02:37 AM
I think the DPS requirements are either similar or perhaps even less for Prof than putricide. DPS just have to be careful to miss choking gas/malleable goo beacuse that's a real DPS loss.

ToKu
03-14-2010, 02:21 AM
I would say depends on your raid makeup. Dreamwalker's dificulty can largely be determined by what kind of healers you run. Our 10m runs a holy pally / holy priest / druid for heals and its pretty easy so long as the priest/pally dont let the buff fall off. Really holy priests/pally's are the stars of this encounter.

Princes and Putricide are more about coordination and raid awareness but can run any makeup, I will say that rogues and mages REALLY help out on Putricide during the sleep gas transitions.

Duvon
03-14-2010, 02:57 AM
Both shamans and paladins are the stars of this fight, due to the way Beacon and Ancestral awakening works.

Though really any healers work, as long as theyre not solely disc priests, or lets the debuff fall off.

Regarding Putri and Princes, both of them are quite range-relied. if you have good range DPSs, they're cakewalks (and assuming your melee knows what to do ofc).

If you have many viable healers, you might want to run 4 healers on princes, with one of them handling balls and healing.
Since the enrage-timer is so long, it may work if no other method does it.