PDA

View Full Version : Question for Deathwhisper HM - Can a prot paladin bubble Touch of Insignificance?

Amthua
03-10-2010, 01:31 PM
i have never tried it, as i play a druid. but i am getting conflicting reports

marklar
03-10-2010, 01:37 PM
yup. we run with 1 tank on 10 man now, and the pally just bubbles once to clear the debuff at 4 stacks.

edit: referring to normal mode, but i would assume that mechanic would not change...

Dragaan
03-10-2010, 11:38 PM
Yes. We use 1 tank on both 10 and 25 heroic. We actually used a warrior (me) as the solo tank on deathwhisper on 25 heroic until I saw xav's video and decided to kite. :p Now we use a paladin and he just clears his debuff himself.

The fact that a pally tank can clear the debuff, along with the fact that warriors can intervene high-threat targets constantly and hunters/rogues can constantly MD the pally, means there's absolutely no reason to use 2 tanks on the boss for that fight (unless you're worried about the tank dying).

swelt
03-11-2010, 06:58 AM
What about hand of protection? (guess not...)

So "no reason to use 2 tanks" assumes you have at least 1 prot paladin in your 10 man group...?

gacktt
03-11-2010, 07:14 AM
You can 1 tank it on 10man with any tank, it's just a bit easier with warrior and paladin because they have some mechanics to help out on touch.

Really you can just have any plate dps or feral druid pull agro and tank her for 30 secs, she melees 15k and they all have multiple defense cooldowns, you'll have enough threat to finish the fight after that.

Dragaan
03-12-2010, 06:49 AM
What about hand of protection? (guess not...)

So "no reason to use 2 tanks" assumes you have at least 1 prot paladin in your 10 man group...?

I was mainly talking about 25man, sorry. But yes, you can solo tank it on both 10 and 25 with any tank. It's much easier to use the paladin tho.

Unger
03-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Im sorry.... Im a little slow today....

We run 10 Heroic with a DK and Warrior tank (Me). We should have the DK grab aggro.... have a Pally bop him and then have him pick it back up? Wont the stacks come back?

I can off tank the adds no problem. In 10, they only come one at a time.....

Unger
03-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Bump? :)

gacktt
03-19-2010, 04:17 PM
Just tank him with the warrior and let the DK try to catch up to threat if you can't solo tank her. Successfully bypassing the touch once gives you enough threat for the whole fight.

Unger
03-23-2010, 01:32 PM
I certainly didnt intend for my question on the theory to be viewed as an exploit. My feeling was if there is an ability that makes it easier, we should use it. I suspect Blizzard is aware of this.

Taking resources to a raid is both good and bad. We take a pally, that is one less spot for someone else. We decide to benefit from the resources we take.... and deal with the resources not utilized by our raid makeup. I dont feel this is an exploit. You are, however, welcome to your opinion.

In any event, thank you for all of the people who contributed to the thread. We downed it 2 nights ago... although we ultimately used 2 tanks.

xenni
03-30-2010, 04:11 PM
Does bubbling drop aggro?

gacktt
03-30-2010, 04:16 PM
The boss will immediately target the 2nd highest threat once you bubble, however your current threat is not reduced. Basically just waiting for the boss to auto-attack and use a bubble-cancel macro.

xenni
03-30-2010, 04:19 PM
O that's sweet then, but what happens when you get 5 stacks the second time?

Lore
03-30-2010, 04:35 PM
Cleaned out a bunch of posts from this thread, some for being rude and unnecessary, and some which were in response to the rude and unnecessary posts (and thus would have made the thread read very awkwardly if left in).

Keep discussions civil, always.

Martie
03-30-2010, 04:47 PM
You stop building more threat on the boss, but keep aggro until someone overaggroes you.

I actually used this in 10man, I had a big enough lead to continue tanking the boss untill she was dead. Note that I had misdirects and we used some threat reducers, but it got the job done.

xenni
03-30-2010, 04:53 PM
What if the person who aggros is a range? I.E mage? Also how many spirits spawn in 25 HM per wave?

Martie
03-30-2010, 04:59 PM
It didn't happen, but it's safe to assume that it works like any other boss - melee range needs to do 110% of your threat before you lose aggro, ranged need to do 130%.
After the mage gets aggro he probably dies.

xenni
03-31-2010, 09:31 AM
What is the best way to handle phase 1? We've tried many things, first it was everyone stacking behind her and dps (melee included) and make all the adds come to mid and AoE, second (this seemed to work best for us) we just assigned people to each side to kill the adds.

Bashal
03-31-2010, 09:52 AM

Hope the boss is about dead.

If not, then as was said, people have to watch their threat.

Kuraf
03-31-2010, 10:48 AM
We usually run 2 tanks (me - prot warrior and a prot pala... we never actually thought about this).

Anyway, if you get to 5 stacks again, warriors (doesn't matter spec) can still intervene to threat dump others... If you have a pala in there he can also use hand of salvation to help reduce threat on others...

Besides all this, there's still MD and ToT (not really sure if it still works after you get 5 stacks tho).
Warlocks can still soulshatter, hunters can FD to release threat and all that.

People will just have to be careful (even tho the boss will be almost dead by that time).