PDA

View Full Version : Putricide 10 Abom troubles

moserch
03-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Our guild is consistently having problems, after trying with two different drivers, keeping the floor slime under control during P2.

1) One problem is just that- the slime seems to spawn faster than the driver's ability to eat it
2) The other problem which happens every time is that the abom is dying around 50% into the fight (around 4.5 mins) from floor slime damage.

Been searching with no info to shed some light on our situation. Any ideas?

gacktt
03-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Your driver is lagging very badly or is doing something wrong, I play my 10mans without a tunnel service and I eat slimes way ahead of time with 400 latency.

Shortypop
03-09-2010, 12:57 AM
Hmmm, if you really do mean P2, then my question would be what happens between P1 and P2 that makes it harder, or is it that he runs behind in P1 and therefore by P2 half the room is covered. You want to never have more than 2 puddles up at one time and ideally a fair amount of time with one or none.

The safest way is really to spam the "eat" button (hit it a couple of time a second) and you want to be right in the middle of the ooze puddle (which can be hard to see), scroll out far and look from close on straight above your head I find helps. What I'd suggest is you stick to one person who's happy to have the responsibility and spend a few tries just practicing, tell him to ignore slowing the oozes and just eat, assuming you get 2 puddles the first time you want to have one completely eaten and the other very small or gone by the time the first green ooze appears. Depending on your tactic it's worth knowing that he throws puddles at people so if your range can make one camp and your melee another that's less far for your abom to run. At thes tart: You want to drink from the table (you can reposition after drinking but before you actually turn into an abom), I then stand near the ranged camp looking at the melee, you'll be able to see the puddles thrown out, eat whatevers closest to you first before heading to any in melee - you want to minimise running time. You'll lose some people if your abom isn't slowing but it's probably worth the wipes to give them time to get used to it.

I'm not going to comment on the abom health, it can be healed but if you get the slime eating better you'll be spending a lot less time in puddles and therefore lose less health.

gacktt
03-09-2010, 01:12 AM
If putricide throws 2 slimes and he casts tear gas WITHOUT at least 75% of the slime pool eaten, you will be overwhelmed by the puddles as he will cast another two slime pools after tear gas wears off, that is an auto-wipe for 25 and unless the group is good, a wipe in 10man as well.

Crommi
03-09-2010, 05:14 AM
If putricide throws 2 slimes and he casts tear gas WITHOUT at least 75% of the slime pool eaten, you will be overwhelmed by the puddles as he will cast another two slime pools after tear gas wears off, that is an auto-wipe for 25 and unless the group is good, a wipe in 10man as well.

Not true, the time between puddles is long enough for you to never get overrun without being able to recover. In this situation you clean the one you were standing on during Tear gas, then proceed to clear two fresh puddles that have spawned and only take couple seconds to clear before they can grow too large. When those two are clear, go and tackle that huge slime pool and you should have enough time to clear it before next two come.

gacktt
03-09-2010, 05:32 AM
Whenever he does a flask throw->tear gas, he almost always throws 2 more puddles 5-10 seconds after the stun wears off, and we have 4 slime pools. Happens if dps is a bit too trigger happy and he goes p2 just after he casts slime pools for the second time.

Even if I had perfect american latency I think the best you can recover from is one complete slime pool intact during tear gas phase.

Yeah well obv that is easy to take care of, but people are going auto-pilot mode on bosses nowadays and people forget about the poor abom's job.

Trademark
03-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Maybe try another driver? There really isn't much to it.

The first ability eats slime.

The second ability slows the add.

Just walk around, eating the slime until its gone and then when the add spawns, use the 2nd ability. If you have DBM, you have a good 5-6 seconds before the add is targetable after the raid warning.

Fledern
03-10-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm also going to venture a guess of 2 slime puddles up at tear gas time. Unlike crommie, i've never been able to recover from that, including doing what he suggested. One slime pool is manageble though

Crommi
03-11-2010, 03:38 AM
I'm also going to venture a guess of 2 slime puddles up at tear gas time. Unlike crommie, i've never been able to recover from that, including doing what he suggested. One slime pool is manageble though

If it wasn't clear, clear smallest puddles first. There's a sizecap on how large the puddle can grow, meaning that if the puddle is already large, you're far better off cleaning out fresh small puddles instead of trying to eat away large puddle while smaller ones grow even larger and then you end up with two huge puddles instead of one.

moserch
03-11-2010, 07:53 AM
Turns out the problem was that the abom wasn't standing completely still when trying to eat- thank you for the responses all.

easttuth
03-11-2010, 11:48 AM
A few things to consider that might help:

1) The Abom's abilities are not GCD-linked. It's possible to eat slime, melee an ooze, and snare the ooze within the same instant.
2) The Abom's ability to eat slime lags about 1-2 seconds behind his actual position. It's possible to move off of a small slime while eating it (toward another slime, for example), and finish it off from a few yards away.
3) Each second of delay when two new slimes spawn will cost the Abom two seconds of eating time. Standing near the center of the population of your raid and instant response to the slime location indicators will give the Abom much free time.

Bashal
03-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Turns out the problem was that the abom wasn't standing completely still when trying to eat- thank you for the responses all.

Lol.

These sorts of things always have a simple solution. :)