PDA

View Full Version : Festergut hardmode tips?

Kylis
03-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Just curious as we are about to focus on this encounter, does anyone have any festergut hardmode tips?

saedo
03-08-2010, 04:33 PM
You only really need to spread out a bit instead of stacking in the middle with the minimum at range. So the healers have to stay out with ranged. Only mechanic difference is Malleable Goo being thrown out to avoid. Though the damage itself is healable.

Kylis
03-08-2010, 07:43 PM
This is for 10 man btw. Is the damage still healable in 10 man?

Tals
03-08-2010, 09:53 PM
You don't want to get hit, the debuff is crazy bad. But yes, it's healable.

saedo
03-08-2010, 11:15 PM
I know from a melee perspective that it's sometimes hard to see the goo fly at me through the boss so I get hit a few times for about 7K. Slows your casts and attack speeds by 250% or something too so casters will really notice that.

Dragaan
03-08-2010, 11:46 PM
We tank him all the way to the left side of the room (as you enter). He faces the wall and melee start grouped up on his left foot. We also have 2 ranged camps. One camp just to the melee's right (if you're facing the left wall), and one to the left kinda near the door.

When the malleable goo is thrown out, he will toss it towards either the melee, the tank, or 1 of the 2 ranged groups. If it's at a ranged group, that group shifts a few yards to avoid the splash. If it's the tank, we let it hit the tank (who is at max melee range against the wall and the splash won't hit melee if they are also max melee behind the boss).

Here's what we have melee do. EVERY time the goo is thrown out, no matter who it's on, the melee shift to festergut's other foot/side. You can force everyone to use a bossmod that can be set up to play a warning noise each time goo goes out, or you can just have 1 competent person call it out every time (this person should have a bossmod that plays a sound for goo, since it's a lot harder if you have to keep watching for it). DXE is a very good bossmod for this. You can set up custom alert noises for every ability/cooldown of every encounter. I just have it play a beeping noise everytime goo is thrown and I have a LOT of time to move from the time I hear the noise to when it actually lands (if it's actually on melee).

Best strategy to use imo. This is a very important part of the fight, because some raids absolutely cannot afford to have any dps hit by goo ever if they want to beat the enrage. This goes 10x for 25man heroic. Oh, and for those of you who haven't done the fight before or don't understand why we do it this way, the malleable goo is targetted at someone and lands where they were standing when it was tossed out. By having the melee shift to the boss' other foot/side every time the goo is thrown out, it's impossible for anyone to ever get hit and melee never even have to glance at where the goo is the whole fight. If it's targetted at any melee, it will land at the spot melee were at before they shifted. The reason we fight on the left side of the room is that the goo is thrown out from the upper-right balcony, and this allows the most time to react before it actually hits it's targeted spot. My guild usually scores heroic25 kills at around a world 125-150 rank. We got a world 80th (US 30th) kill on fester25 and I believe this strat had a lot to do with it.

EDIT: Sorry, was explaining our 25man setup. For 10man, it's basically the same thing but I think we only use 1 ranged group (near the door). Everything else remains the same.

Kylis
03-09-2010, 02:34 AM
Does he throw goo when the spores go out, and if he does how do you deal with these instances of goo as people generally collapse?

Skaggi
03-09-2010, 03:42 AM
Does he throw goo when the spores go out, and if he does how do you deal with these instances of goo as people generally collapse?

Yes he does. It's all a matter of communication then. The sporeholder has to call out in which direction he'll move and the rest has to stick to it.

In general you can say:

Tank gets hit by goo >> No problem
DD gets hit by goo >> Enrage timer problem
Healer gets hit by goo >> People start dieing problem

Have someone call out the goo for the range group(s) as this will help them tremendously. The tank currently tanking can do that easily if the mob is positioned favorably.

Cheers!
skaggi

Dragaan
03-09-2010, 04:30 AM

He does, but it's not a huge problem. Pretty easy to deal with and usually doesn't require much extra attention at all. We have the tank who's not currently tanking call out spore movements if it's required. If 2 spores spawn in the melee group, for instance, we call out which spored person should run out to range. Most bossmods mark the spore people, so you just have to call them out by symbol ("STAR get to ranged").

As for the goo on ranged, either have one person in each ranged group pay attention to their mod warnings and glance over at putricide each time the warning goes out. If it's headed for their group, they just need to shift a few yards. As far as the tank calling it out, it's kind of tricky to see depending on where you tank him. With our setup, the current tank really can't see much at all. Wall right behind us and boss right in front. We never had any trouble with our ranged gettin hit by goo tho. There's much less people at range usually, so it's not targeted at them nearly as much anyway.