PDA

View Full Version : Lich King Phase transition

Thad
03-08-2010, 01:28 PM
so my guild finally started working on the Lich King 10 man encounter. pretty much spent the night working on phase 1, we seem to have gotten the hang of it but we've run into an issue with the phase transition.

basically as soon as it starts we begin to lose people to the necrotic plague cause healers can't keep up with it. so what is the best way to deal with this phase with getting the raging spirits down as well as dealing with the plague left over from phase 1?

tuffmuffin
03-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Have whichever tank is holding the P1 adds away from the rest of the raid. Once the Plague kills all the adds and jumps to the add tank, cleanse him BEFORE he runs near the raid and you'll get rid of the plague entirely.

Have the Lich King tank pick up the first Raging Spirit and face it either towards the edge of the platform or towards the Lich King.
The Plague should have killed off the rest of the P1 adds by the time the second Raging Spirit spawns so the OT can pick that and the third one up.
If the plague is still bouncing around killing P1 adds, let the Lich King tank pick up both the first and second.
Whichever tank will be holding the LK after the transition should not have a Raging Spirit on them once the next phase starts.

bling581
03-10-2010, 08:04 AM
so my guild finally started working on the Lich King 10 man encounter. pretty much spent the night working on phase 1, we seem to have gotten the hang of it but we've run into an issue with the phase transition.

basically as soon as it starts we begin to lose people to the necrotic plague cause healers can't keep up with it. so what is the best way to deal with this phase with getting the raging spirits down as well as dealing with the plague left over from phase 1?

Ideally the Horrors should already be dead by the start of P2 or shortly after and the plague should be cleansed off the tank while he's standing away from the raid. I'll have to pay more attention next time but I'm pretty sure in our group the plague was gone before or by the time the first Raging Spirit spawned. If it's up longer than that perhaps you're doing something wrong with positioning and/or cleansing.

Mukluk
03-14-2010, 09:05 AM
A tip from an add tank: If I pick up every single ghoul and horror it has sometimes (rarely) taken until the 3rd raging spirit for the last p1 mob to die from plague, get me cleansed, then taunt raging #3 from tank #1 as we run in for him to pick up LK. I recommend if you have cleavers to purposely leave one set of ghouls (near the time of 2nd shambler spawn) to die in cleave and the adds he is tanking will die much earlier in the phase transition. Also as someone else said have a pre-determined spot for the add tank to back up to with his diseased adds and make sure no one else runs in that direction. He should call out "last mob" or something so the cleansers know that one last cleanse is about to be needed on the tank before its done.
^ This all applies to LK10 and LK25