PDA

View Full Version : Vile Spirits - Lich King Phase 3

yanging
03-08-2010, 06:07 AM
My raid got to phase 3 last night in our 10 man group (we are a 10 man only guild). We only have 2 ranged, an Elemental Shaman and myself, an Arcane Mage. We had a tough time killing the spirits quickly enough so that they would not destroy our raid members. We do have a warrior tank, so I was wondering if we should try taunt spamming the Spirits with vigilance on our paladin tank. Or should I go fire? Which would be more effective? I can't see living bomb being in range in enough of them to do enough damage. Thanks for your time.

gacktt
03-08-2010, 07:25 AM
You can just vigilance and taunt spam every vile spirit, as long as the main tank and raid kites him to opposite directions per summon, you can literally ignore every vile spirit as the tank taunts them one by one and charge/intercept if a few drops.

I never tried this personally, but there are groups that vouch you can quickly end p3 safely with a tank absorbing stuff.

Eraser
03-08-2010, 11:15 PM
We found it best to just single target them down with range, as opposed to aoe in the tankspot video, and I'd taunt and soak as many as possible. With the raid being spread out (as it should be) the only problem the vile spirits pose is if two of them charge one player. So killing/soaking as many as possible lowers the chances for this to happen - making this phase fairly easy to deal with.

Colonel Mustard
03-09-2010, 05:55 AM
Be sure to keep moving the lich king from side to side, so that you get the spirits spawned at maximum range from your raid. After that, if you can't kill the vile spirits before they hit someone (Which isn't all that easy), your off tank can soak a few explosions, as long as it's not too many at once. So once in phase 3, try tanking LK close to the edge (Not on the edge, no need to be suicidal), and when he starts spawning spirits, just have the tank run to the other side, and range at maximum range to the spirits and you'll get way more room to kite the rogue spirits. Also, try spreading out a bit, it makes death by multiple spirits less likely.

Mukluk
03-14-2010, 08:50 AM
^Colonel is correct. Also after you've moved him to the far end from spirits leave some frost traps/earthbinds in the middle. Once the spirits have come down near ground level as they begin to dive bomb the raid they will get caught in the movement impairements giving you a few more precious seconds to kill them.

Omok
03-14-2010, 12:17 PM
A tank can effectively soak all of the vile spirits without an issue. I have roughly 65k health raid buffed, and I am able to soak nearly every single vile spirit that I can get my hands on; use cooldowns when applicable during the soaking. You can see a video of me doing so linked below, make sure to watch part two as that is when I do the actual soaking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNyN88udprg

ResoluteBE
03-16-2010, 11:00 AM
You mentioned you had a pally tank, Holy Wrath is amazing for dealing with the Vile Spirits. I OT them in our 10m and Holy Wrath did a good chunk of damage plus it stuns for more attack time, and it hits a lot of them. So try and get your pally to use that, even better if you have other pally's in your raid to contribute with theirs.