PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft II -- Wings of Liberty Protoss Units

Ciderhelm
03-07-2010, 02:38 PM
ZKqV0NvbiXI

http://www.tankspot.com/snowfall/donorbanner.jpg (http://www.tankspot.com/premium.php)

Brierley
03-07-2010, 03:05 PM
I would really appreciate a Terran overview next! Thanks Lore! These vids are awesome, especially for someone not in the Beta, but looking forward to the release.

Ciderhelm
03-07-2010, 04:24 PM
I would have said Terran but Zerg look amazing art-wise in this video, so I'd like to see more of them.

Cirus
03-07-2010, 05:02 PM
I would have said Terran but Zerg look amazing art-wise in this video, so I'd like to see more of them.I'd have to agree with you on that Cider.

Brierley
03-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Zerg do look amazing, just never really liked them myself. Just a opinion thing. :)

Bodasafa
03-07-2010, 09:10 PM
I may have to pick this game up when its available. I really like the look of it. Seems like the UI may be a little to large. Is there a way to alter that so you have more battle field view? or is that hard coded?

I originally started PC gaming with the original command and conquer. I played it through several expansions up to Yuri's Revenge, at which point the PvP online play was dominated by hacks which made it unplayable.

I'm assuming there are anit-hack checks implemented for this though?

Anyway thanks for sharing Lore.

vhaarr
03-08-2010, 04:02 AM
The donor link points to the wrong video.

Titangrip
03-08-2010, 05:01 AM
I believe in SC2 that the max amount of Interceptors was 8, so if you said that the maximum was reduced to 8... :confused:

exhalepanic
03-08-2010, 07:03 AM
Id like to see a Terran Video

Kerafyrm
03-08-2010, 07:17 AM
I was playing around with zerg over the weekend, and I do have to say that they look excellent. Havent had a chance to play with terran or protoss yet (will soon), but zerg definately have the organic thing down. This is especially true for their new building animations and the queen.

Oliaga
03-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Zerg next please.

Petninja
03-08-2010, 08:32 AM
Zerg, just because they had gotten the least coverage for so long on the StarCraft site.

hard_jay
03-08-2010, 11:09 AM
I would like to see a zerg video

Coro
03-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Zerg. I wanna know their weaknesses! ;)

Kazeyonoma
03-09-2010, 05:40 AM
I believe in SC2 that the max amount of Interceptors was 8, so if you said that the maximum was reduced to 8... :confused:

true, always was 8

Crommi
03-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Zerg do look amazing, just never really liked them myself. Just a opinion thing. :)

They look nice if you can see them, makes it hard to play when I have to go on a treasure hunt to find some specific unit amongs the big brown mass, especially when they're standing on creep and amongst zerg buildings.

Kazeyonoma
03-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Lore, what's your take on Warpgate vs. Gateway.

I've only recently started upgrading to warpgates, and although i like the "instant" warping of units, I find not being able to queue up units a big problem to me. I guess maybe when micro'ing turn on warpgates and being on the offensive to port in units faster, but when macro'ing switch back to gateways?>

Lore
03-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Lore, what's your take on Warpgate vs. Gateway.

I've only recently started upgrading to warpgates, and although i like the "instant" warping of units, I find not being able to queue up units a big problem to me. I guess maybe when micro'ing turn on warpgates and being on the offensive to port in units faster, but when macro'ing switch back to gateways?>

I haven't found it very difficult to micro the warpgates. You can press W to select all of them if you hadn't noticed.

Besides, the speed they warp in units (it's 10 seconds faster) means that even if you spend like 20 seconds not warping anything in, you're still saving time over the 2 units you could have queued (and spent 60+ seconds waiting on).

Kazeyonoma
03-09-2010, 04:53 PM
true, i guess warp gates are the key and i need to just keep watch over them

incoming twitch.

and W? wtf i've been binding all my gates to 5 =P

jacobwx77
03-09-2010, 09:59 PM
Could we see Zerg next? im new to Starcraft and planning on picking those up. Or perhaps you could cover protoss buildings/upgrades?

Mindy
03-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Lack of queue'ing with Warp Gates can be a good reminder of how to efficiently spend resources. Even if there are 5 slots for a queue, if you are using 3 or more of those slots, that usually means you should have another production building instead.

Paulbunyin
03-10-2010, 06:39 AM
I've always been a Terran fan in Starcraft so I'm going to have to say I want to see some ghosts nuking someone!!!!

Kazeyonoma
03-10-2010, 09:28 AM
ghost nukes are awesome, they're fun, and they're a lot cheaper than before, but they also aren't as devastating =T

Mindy
03-10-2010, 10:29 AM
I'm sort of leaning towards Zerg myself. I know roaches are OP right now, and it overshadows the awesomeness of later tier units. What's really strange is that Zerg don't need many hatcheries - the Queen can bounce between the main and expansion and chain spawn larva almost continuously. Only drawback is that with all unit production centralized, losing a hatchery is devastating. Also wanted to point out Ultralisks - 600HP and 75 upgraded damage vs buildings. Wow.

Klimpen
03-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Roaches are not OP.

Massed Roaches will kill any T1 units fairly easily. That doesn't make them OP though.

Lore
03-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Yeah the "problem" with Roaches is just that most players haven't figured out:

1) Early/constant scouting
2) The counter for their chosen race (Protoss in particular has a few options)

I suspect we'll see a Roach nerf at some point just so lower-tier games don't become "Whoever picks Zerg and builds lots of Roaches first wins" as those players aren't likely to pick up on things. It could be that their introductory "challenge mode" will teach players to scout though, which makes Roaches pretty tame.

Yousend
03-11-2010, 05:56 PM
I haven't found it very difficult to micro the warpgates. You can press W to select all of them if you hadn't noticed.

Besides, the speed they warp in units (it's 10 seconds faster) means that even if you spend like 20 seconds not warping anything in, you're still saving time over the 2 units you could have queued (and spent 60+ seconds waiting on).

Warp Gates also prevent you from getting into the bad habit of queueing up units and therefore giving you the illusion of good macro. (High money = wasted money, queueing up units = extra gateway/warpgates generally)

Caenn
03-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Hi Lore,

I am also on the SC2 beta as Caenn.Caenn if you want to add me to your friends list lol it can get boring only playing 1v1. I too am primarily a toss player. Roaches are really only super effective against toss as most terran players tend to wall. However immortals, sentries with zlots, or speed dark templars are all easy counters for these units, as well as placing a few cannons near your choke. Either way i enjoy watching your series and would actually prefer to see terran over zerg.

As for warpgate over gateway unless you are using the build 2 gateways in the center zlot rush strat for toss on toss a good toss player should always go warpgate. You can use your chrono boost to speed up the cool down on the warp in for an fyi.

Hope to see you on bnet,

Caenn

Mindy
03-11-2010, 08:49 PM
For some reason every time I go random I draw zerg. I still don't know that much about optimal unit comps, so I just tend to build a mix of ground units, with the occasional mass mutas. I found corruptors a little weak, but brood lords are very powerul. And I'm always limited by gas and have extra minerals lying around almost all the time. I also try not to build too many roaches and get stuck in lower tiers for too long. They do a lot of damage, but I still <3 hydras.

My handle is Odin.kaminari if you wanna meet up or something.

Ninjaknight
03-12-2010, 03:10 AM
long time SC player, hoping to see the Zerg since blizzard has shafted us on that info

Kiaos
03-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Hello I have the beta too Can you add me as a Friend and maybe give me some lessons on vent on how to play protoss. My name is Kiaos.zenthos .

jacobwx77
03-17-2010, 07:28 AM
I've been spam visiting tankspot the last couple of days because i wanna see more of your SC2 (and Wow) movies how often are you posting a starcraft movie?

Crommi
03-17-2010, 05:14 PM
For SC2 replays with good commentary, head over to http://www.youtube.com/user/SC2GGRise

tuffmuffin
03-17-2010, 08:15 PM
I've been spam visiting tankspot the last couple of days because i wanna see more of your SC2 (and Wow) movies how often are you posting a starcraft movie?
He says in the first 15 seconds of the video that his Starcraft videos are biweekly.

Magetta
03-26-2010, 05:28 PM
I'd like to see Zerg next personally the units look cooler. Yes also including the building changes would be wonderful.