PDA

View Full Version : Reset Mystic Buffet without tank switching

pktan
03-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Currently we are working on Sindragosa 10man using 1 tank, 3 healers and 6 dps.
I am the warrior tank on the boss in frost resist gear(585 frost resist buffed).

I notice the frost breath will almost 1 shot me when the mystic buffet stacks until 22.
And the boss HP is still at 10%.

I was thinking if any of the tanks have successfully reset the debuff without using the 2nd tank?

Casper7526
03-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Is it possible... (In Short): Yes

Is it worth it...... No, get a 2nd tank and do the encounter as designed if your groups gear is not good enough for this so called "burn" strategy.

Proletaria
03-07-2010, 06:10 AM
Unless you're content to never do heroic mode, i'd suggest getting another tank some practice. You will need two then, and you might as well figure out how to rotate now. Seems like a simple process, but it gets fun when you add in the heroic mode variables. If you aren't tank swapping in your sleep and mind-reading your healers to guage how little (emphasis on LITTLE) healing you're going to get at any given moment while healer(s) are unchained, blocked, have mystic buffet stacking high, or some other fun bit of encounter design (time your CD's to this, and not her spells which can be resisted with that much FR gear) then you've got some work to do. =)

Might seem like a big change to make, esp if you are close to a kill and all, but sindragosa isn't one of those encounters you just zerg down. It's about learning the mechanics and finess. Her enrage is quite forgiving even with 2 tanks and 3 healers.

gacktt
03-07-2010, 08:37 AM
In the long run it'll be better and easier to do it the proper way instead of burning them down, assuming you intend to do some 10man hardmodes.

Groundpoundr
03-08-2010, 03:40 PM
So is this worth tanking in resist gear or what, confirm/deny.

Casper7526
03-08-2010, 04:02 PM
I tank normal and heroic versions of this encounter with 4 pieces of FR gear, when we finally move to heroic 25 man soon enough I will then replace a current head/cape with another one and use the enchants as well. Why do this? Because, every full resist is ALOT of help in phase 3. Also even in full FR gear, your dps arnt going to pull off you unless your not getting ANY md's. I normally just watch threat, and after each airphase you can intervene someone thats high. If not anyone that gets tombed drops to 0 threat so gg on that too.

gacktt
03-09-2010, 12:30 AM
So is this worth tanking in resist gear or what, confirm/deny.

As much as possible, I do it with 460 FR, if I had my 245 ony ring actually drop I would use it and an FR crafted ring to get 550+.

Duvon
03-13-2010, 04:37 AM
So how do you reset the stack without tankswitching?

tuffmuffin
03-14-2010, 04:57 PM
So how do you reset the stack without tankswitching?
Blistering Cold.

Dragaan
03-15-2010, 02:57 AM
I tank normal and heroic versions of this encounter with 4 pieces of FR gear, when we finally move to heroic 25 man soon enough I will then replace a current head/cape with another one and use the enchants as well. Why do this? Because, every full resist is ALOT of help in phase 3. Also even in full FR gear, your dps arnt going to pull off you unless your not getting ANY md's. I normally just watch threat, and after each airphase you can intervene someone thats high. If not anyone that gets tombed drops to 0 threat so gg on that too.

Be careful with how much resist you wear. It's insane how much more physical damage she does in 25h compared to 10h. After a few pulls in like 5 pieces of FR gear, I decided to just wear 2-3 tops (1 being the ony25 ring).

To me, she seemed like the scariest heroic boss so far in terms of tank damage (not counting LK). And I think festergut hits like a wee little girl. Obviously, she doesn't hit as hard as fester with 3 stacks... but her damage, combined with the fact that healers are moving and might not be able to heal you, makes it pretty scary.

delix
03-15-2010, 05:49 AM
Yep, her damage spikes in 25h are quite huge.
I had 370 FR without the chest and i think its a good compromise.
Actually her meleehits deal more damage then a frostbreath.