PDA

View Full Version : Raid Lockouts / Hard Mode Question

Mert
03-04-2010, 04:44 AM
Apologies if this has been asked before but I looked and couldn't find a clear answer. My guild is closing in on our first Lich King kill on 10-man so we'll want to begin progression on Hard Modes shortly afterward. My question is whether the Hard Mode version is technically a seperate instance with a new Raid ID (as with TotGC) or whether it counts as the same? Thanks in advance :)

Bitterst
03-04-2010, 04:54 AM
The raid leader can simply right click his portrait and change the mode from 10 to 10 Heroic at any point inside of the instance when no one is in combat (has a 5 minute CD on the difficulty toggle). This will cause a quick small loading screen for everyone inside the instance, and will make the bosses the Heroic difficulty. One thing to note is that it kind of bugs when a player that has not killed The Lich King tries to zone in and will say "Unable to zone in to Heroic difficulty" but there is a simple workaround. The raid leader simply zones into the instance, sets it to Heroic, then zones out and sets it to non-Heroic. This will make "inside" the instance Heroic, while the "outside" will remain non-Heroic, and thus allow people without Lich King kills able to zone through the instance portal into the Heroic version of the instance. This works in 10 and 25.

Mert
03-04-2010, 05:21 AM
Ah thanks. Presumably then someone saved up to, say, Saurfang on Normal could not then jump into a group saved to Deathwhisper Heroic and vice versa? What I mean is, lockouts are more like Ulduar than TotC/TotGC where it's all one instance on your raid info regardless of difficulty?

Gnurken
03-04-2010, 05:23 AM
We tried that and couldn't get it to work reliably, after X amount of time/wipes the outside became heroic too, and then we run into the "cannot swap mode in 5min" thing. Blizz need to fix this issue...

Gnurken
03-04-2010, 05:25 AM
Ah thanks. Presumably then someone saved up to, say, Saurfang on Normal could not then jump into a group saved to Deathwhisper Heroic and vice versa? What I mean is, lockouts are more like Ulduar than TotC/TotGC where it's all one instance on your raid info regardless of difficulty?

Lockouts are the same as in Ulduar, and you don't get saved to a boss in normal/heroic, just saved to an instance if u killed a boss in either mode in it.

Bitterst
03-04-2010, 03:04 PM
We tried that and couldn't get it to work reliably, after X amount of time/wipes the outside became heroic too, and then we run into the "cannot swap mode in 5min" thing. Blizz need to fix this issue...

If you do that workaround and then switch the "inside" back to non-Heroic for a specific boss, the next time you change it to Heroic, say for a later boss, you will need to redo the workaround.
I'm pretty sure how it works is the difficulty you have the instance set to while "inside" the instance controls both the "inside" and "outside", while changing the difficulty while "outside" the instance will only control the difficulty "outside".