PDA

View Full Version : 25H Saurfang

Casper7526
03-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Ok, so far we've done 20-25 attempts in the last two weeks, with plenty of 10-15% wipes.

We are handling everything basically correct, and don't generate extra BP for anything that is avoidable (BOPing the first bloods, ROB switches are instant, no one gets hit by beasts)

Now the 2 things (atleast from our last nights kill) that I want to change/try are as follows and any other tips you guys might have are greatly appreciated.

#1 - We had 6 healers, should we really drop down to 5?
#2 - We only have 1 ret pally, but would it be worth it to SS him and have him DI someone sub 35%ish?

Would it even be worth it for 1 of our holy pallies to DI someone sub 35% as well?

Mr.Winkle
03-03-2010, 05:10 PM
I think the number of healers you require is probably dependant on how many holy pallys you can bring and how many Marks you usually get.

How many marks do you have up when you wipe? 10-15% HP sounds like quite a large hurdle to get over with just 1 extra DPS.

Thalruin
03-03-2010, 09:28 PM
We down him with 2 holy pallies and a ret pally. 6 healers. We lust early to get through it as fast as possible.

Casper7526
03-03-2010, 10:31 PM
At the 10-15% spot we normally have 5 marks up, and the 6th going out.

Thalruin, do you DI people? And what do other people think about lusting early?

Prinnyraid
03-04-2010, 01:16 AM
basicly with a bloodlust at start you have a full 30 seconds to focus on the boss without people being on the adds. If your healers can take his enrage then bloodlusting @ start of event is the best option imo.

Bitterst
03-04-2010, 02:25 AM
To get the best of both worlds, some guilds were having the healers zone into the instance and get Bloodlust/heroism before the rest of the raid zones in. This allows you to pull Saurfang with the healers having ~2 minutes of Sated/Exhausted so that you can Bloodlust/Heroism for the DPS at the start of the pull (and the healers will be immune due to the debuff) and then again at 30% for the healers (and I suppose any DPS who possibly died can get it again as well).

Mr.Winkle
03-04-2010, 02:43 AM

Remember the healing is always harder just before a new mark (say 85-100BP) than just afterwards, so save your BOPs and other damage reduction/healing increasing abailities for those. If you have a shadow priest tell them to use Hymn of hope around 85-90BP on the 5th mark, that should help the healing.

Yagamoth
03-04-2010, 08:22 AM
To get the best of both worlds, some guilds were having the healers zone into the instance and get Bloodlust/heroism before the rest of the raid zones in. This allows you to pull Saurfang with the healers having ~2 minutes of Sated/Exhausted so that you can Bloodlust/Heroism for the DPS at the start of the pull (and the healers will be immune due to the debuff) and then again at 30% for the healers (and I suppose any DPS who possibly died can get it again as well).

As far as I know you could also simply activate PVP on the healers, so they won't receive the buff unless a pvp-flagged shaman lusts.

Thegreatme
03-04-2010, 09:20 AM
killed him last night.

Healing comp:
(6 healers)
2 holy paladins
2 priests (1 holy 1 disc, both have val'nyr if that matters)
1 resto druid
1 resto shaman

Each healer was given a specific order for the marks that they would be healing, once DBS frenzies the only people healing the tanks are the pallys via beacon. overall raid healing goes to zero, people ticking down to blood boil is ok just so long as that person doesn't have mark. we call out when the boss is at ~35% so healers can quickly use mana tides/plea and what not to get as much mana as possible for the frenzy. Heroism goes out at ~31%.

once the frenzy hits tanks are rotating their personal cooldowns to reduce as much damage as possible, all healer cooldowns are used on marked people. mark 6 should be hitting about half way thru the frenzy. when BDS is at like 75 BP before that mark people marked peope should get some sort of a CD, whether it be BoP, shield wall ice block/ what ever. holy pallies rotate raid walls at that point as well. our prot paladin used his raid wall right before the frenzy hit just to soften the rush a little bit.

assorted notes I heard during our attempts:
during the frenzy marked players will be taking ~9-11k damage per second
resto shaman's should only be spamming LHW on their target, anything other than that and you more than likely will not have the HPS to keep them up.

DI'ing people shouldn't really be needed except maybe in extreme cases.
you should not need to do crazy heroism stagering techniques mentioned above, the Race starts at 30%, unless you have like 3 holy pallies hitting 7 marks will be the soft enrage for most guilds, that and healers mana (though by the time you hit 7 marks they will probably also be oom). 30%-> dead should take about 90 seconds.

here's my guilds parse for all those who might be curious:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s71k70hhkroaeynt/?s=7500&e=7775

saranna
03-04-2010, 09:25 AM

I can answer that (he's a guildie) we never ever DI on that fight. It's too much of a loss