PDA

View Full Version : Healing in P1 on Lich King

Arman
03-01-2010, 11:59 AM
My guild's advance team (10-man for a 25-man guild) is wiping about 50% of the time on Phase 1 simply because the MT (me; prot warrior) healer (not me) is getting the Necrotic Plague, running in, and tank death before getting back out. How are other guild's handling the healer transition when the MT healer gets the plague? Does the MT healer stagger heals while running out?

We are typically taking in a priest (holy some nights; disc others), resto druid, and holy paladin for these attempts. The priest is typically healing the MT. The holy paladin is cleansing and healing the OT and the resto druid is raid healing and trying to heal MT and raid when MT healer gets plague. All ranged classes are in a semi-circle teleporter-side around the Lich King.

It's getting very annoying to try and work on getting cleanly through transitions and controlling the Val'kyr in phase 2 when the raid wipes with the Lich King only having 6 stacks of the damage buff.

LogisticSaucer
03-01-2010, 12:03 PM
Ideally via effective communication this should not be a problem; simply have the other healers pick up the slack. If this is not sufficient, your tanks can be prepared with cooldowns, however, this would indicate a rather severe deficiency in your other healers.

In a 10 man, while specific healer responsibility is important, every healer needs to be ready to fill any role based on the situation.

If you are absolutely unable to unfuck the MT deaths, you may consider simply cleansing off the MT healer onto another nearby caster, although this is a very, very dirty solution.

Arman
03-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Communication is definitely a problem with our guild. I just found out last night after raid was over why I kept dying. No healer was saying anything and I got called out by the RL for saying it was a healer problem. I thought maybe there was a parry gib mechanic I didn't know about but when I checked the logs it was simply a lack of sufficient healing when my healer went in to get cleansed.

gacktt
03-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Shouldn't the paladin be healing the tank and the priest cleansing? I mean you only cleanse every 25 or so seconds anyway so both of em should heal. If a healer gets plague just cast instants while running to the off tank. Also if the MT healers gets plauged it would be pretty smart to let the priest keep healing the tank while you holy shock him and cleanse yourself later.

vine
03-01-2010, 03:53 PM
I agree, your role seems a little off. I beacon the MT and heal the OT. Pretty much exclusively healing them through P1. We're lucky in that our OT is a paladin so he does the cleansing as people approach the Ghouls. Why would you waste your beacon when there is constant MT and OT damage -- it's the ideal niche for a paladin.

As for the tank dying, your other healers should really be picking up the slack when they see you are infected. I drop a HS on the OT on the way in, cleanse myself, then instant FoL on the way out, then a few quick FoL to top up any damage, then back to normal HL-FoL rotation. You may want to Glyph for HS, I've found the reduced CD to be invaluable.

Aerna
03-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Your priest should be specced disc, and pre-shield raid for infest + assist on tanks. There is absolutely no reason for a priest to be holy on LK. I would also recommend making the priest dispell necrotic plague instead of the Hpal.

Your druid and pal should stay on the MT, beacon is easily enough to heal the OT. The druid can help a bit if 2-3 people take infest without a shield, but should mostly stay on the tank.

There is no way the MT can die in P1 with a druid and a pal healing him, even if one of them need to move because of necrotic plague. This is unless LK reach 30++ stacks, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Colonel Mustard
03-02-2010, 11:18 PM
I'm with Aerna on this one, disc makes the raid healing on this fight ridiculously easy, there's no reason not to have one. If you still have problems with the tank dying just as the MT healer moves with the plague, have the MT healer (Pala) dispell himself. It saves alot of time, your priest doesn't have to watch carefully when to dispell, etc. Just have him cover the MT if the paladin needs to move, and make sure it's known beforehand that he's on his own with the plague if he gets it.

The infest is easily handled by the druid during that time, and any infests still up a quick shield and heal will fix.

Don't rush this, LK is all about tactics and control. It might be easy to PoH + CoH the infest as holy in phase 1, but in the other phases people aren't as bunched up, so a disc priest is veeeeery handy. And if you can't make it if your healer gets the plague and has to run out for 4 seconds, what if he gets harvested in phase 3?

bling581
03-04-2010, 07:03 AM
What we do is if the MT gets the Necrotic Plague we instantly dispel it and the other raid member that gets it runs out instead.

saedo
03-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Yes dispel it, but might not want it instantly, stagger it a couple seconds like normal.

Mmiz
03-17-2010, 10:28 AM
I've been there both with strong healing settups and weak and tbh MT healer getting a plague has newer killed a tank. What we do is we newer trust each other to heal and therfor if a healer is having to run the rest spams a litle extra.
Disc priests are pro for this, butt making a holy priest that fails at shielding as a disc go disc is a waste.
Last reset on 10man we where there with a druid a priest and me on my shammy I was raidhealing ot healing and dispelling cause the priest failed a bit. priest tried to shield and only shield even then failing to protect more than 20% of the raid. my hps and the druids hps was about 7k each fro p1 druid was ofc healing mt and raid. Point is even when I or the druid got plague tanks dint die him running me having to use gcd to dispell at the same time. Even with all this healing problems we always hitt P2 so unless youre healers are totaly wasted p1 shuld be easy healing with 3 healers.

We use a litle difrent strategy seems simpler than the one on tankspot here is our video from the first kill so its nott to clean butt the placment in P1 is the thing that makes it a lott easyer...

Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhT4JJNQmNY)
Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKmGCZgerTs&feature=related)