PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Wrathful Gladiators for tanking?

Flowbee
02-26-2010, 03:46 PM
So, I happened to get the 270 PvP legs from VoA. I am in the process of collecting the primordials for the Pillars of Might.
Looking at the pvp pants got me thinking. Would they be viable for replacing my current legs?
I understand I will be losing some defense ( as I will with the crafted legs as well ). I lose some hit, which I am swimming in anyhow. I also will be losing shield block value, and I believe that some will be offset by additional strength?
So really, I am looking for some advice, I have never been all that good with the theroycrafting, and I am hoping some of you numbers guru's have some thoughts on this.
I have the PvP pants linked, as well armory below.
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51544
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dark+Iron&cn=Flowbee

Thanks

vine
02-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Well you lose avoidance/mitigation for more health. The resil you can just ignore as it's completely wasted. You are way over hit cap so losing the hit from your current legs won't be noticeable. I'd say they are a nice EH boost until something 'tanky' comes along.

Astemus
03-01-2010, 07:25 AM
In general, using PVP pieces isn't a bad thing for tanking, however, you need to think of them as survival pieces. If you find yourself needing it and can sacrifice the threat loss, then go for it. Also, you shouldn't go for more than one or two without a specific need (Druids are a good class to stack up pvp pieces for instance). You're also losing all avoidance for stamina with plate pvp gear, so that is also something to consider.

If you're asking us what piece you should be using, there is a forum for that. This forum is for general theory and not for helping you gear up. http://www.tankspot.com/forumdisplay.php?175-HALP%21-I-need-advice Try here if you are interested in being a productive member of the site.

Flowbee
03-01-2010, 11:20 AM
I appreciate the reply's thus far.

I apologize if this is posted in the wrong forum, but when the guidlines above stated comparing two peices of gear, I thought that would be here.

"To clarify this forum should be left to direct comparisons between 2 or 3 items and not base them on your individual armory."

In retrospect I should have linked the legs I am wearing, and these legs, and hope for some numbers between those two, as thats really what I am looking to compare.

Sorry for the mixup.

If a mod is able to move this to the proper forum, that would be great.

edit; better grammar and spelling.

Destruyen
03-01-2010, 12:50 PM
pretty sure this is the right forum for your question since it's just a gear question.

i would wear the pvp legs until something better dropped. its a pretty big eh upgrade for you and that's what really matters.

right now i use the wrathful shield to tank with over the 258 shield from northrend beasts since there's more armor and stam on the pvp piece. i think the shield has even more eh than the blood queen 25 shield but i think that's when the avoidance stats kick in and make the bq shield better.

Dreadski
03-01-2010, 07:23 PM
i think the shield has even more eh than the blood queen 25 shield but i think that's when the avoidance stats kick in and make the bq shield better.

There's no point where avoidance makes it better, I think the heroic version might be better EH than the glad shield, but only if you get there. If you're not on heroic blood queen, get 1800 and go for this one.