PDA

View Full Version : H Marrowgar 10

LogisticSaucer
02-26-2010, 11:01 AM
Hey all.

We got our Arthas kill last week and have moved onto heroics this week. We got LDW / gunship down with minimal difficulty this week. However, it really felt like Marrowgar's bonestorm was absolutely overwhelming us.

We've made sure to keep everyone relatively close (in range of heals) and are using ranged and 1 melee to break the spikes when they pop, but we RARELY make it through bonestorm without at least one death.

We've tried 2 and 3 healers, and while 3 healers is less failure prone, its not significantly so. We run 3M/3R with 2 healers or 3M/2R with 3 healers. Are there any specific "learning points" you guys found helped you overcome the bonestorm?

Casper7526
02-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Ok, the easiest way we planned this out was to have groups setup, we did the following it may or may not work for you.

1 Healer 1 Range 1 Melee - Back Left
1 healer 1 Range - Back Center
1 Healer 1 Range 1 Melee - Back Right
1 Tank - Top Left
1 Tank - Top Right

Now what this means is that 5 seconds before bonestorm people ran into positions. (Obviously using stack up before bonestorms)
The positions I'm talking about are pretty broad in terms of where you actually do them, but basically you make sure there is a large gap between your groups but with the back center team in range of both back groups.

The reasons you have your tanks way in the front is for an extra safety net, I'll explain in a bit.

Bonestorm happens.

He charges the back left group (As soon as you see him moving towards the group, the group starts to run to the center group)
He charges back right group (Back group moves as soon as he starts moving towards them and back left repositions)

He charges either tank in the far front of the room (YAY, lots of downtime as the tanks don't get hurt by bonestorm and don't even have to move out of it if they wish not too)

#1 Most helpful tip.
Marrows hitbox (the red circle around him when you target him) is his "main" bonestorm area. If you are within the hitbox you get hit for 10k, if you are outside the hitbox that significantly drops to 2kish.
#2 Surviving is key.
Your job is to survive, hence why our melee don't run over to a bonespike, it's the ranged job to burn them down, because if he happens to choose a melee you now have a bonestorm on top of a bonespike.
#3 BOP people if they do get Bonestorm/Spiked at the same time.

Frazzle
02-26-2010, 11:17 AM
We actually all spread just as he starts to bonestorm to see where he moves to, then DPS the spike asap until we know he is about to move again and then spread out - a bonestorm on a group near the spike is not going to end nicely! We made sure the healers (we had 3 btw and 2 R,3M) spread out so they covered the room.

Getting a taunt in just before he comes out of bonestorm is vital as I found he usually moves to someone who doesnt have time to get far enough away from him to avoid getting 1-shot when he becomes active. Took me a try or two to get the timing sorted - soon after the 3rd spike during bonestorm he becomes active I think...

LogisticSaucer
02-26-2010, 11:33 AM
bonestorm group regimentation

This sounds like some solid gouge. We had attempted a "strict spread" at first but had many more positions than the easy to understand "3 group" strat you've employed. This will be vastly easier for the mouth breathers to understand.

no melee on spikes

Also useful. We had decided to just use 1 melee in addition to our ranged for the spikes. I think we'll try this as well. Could be problematic if one of our 2 ranged are spiked, however.

don't stand in the shit

Yeah some people just weren't processing this one.

bonestorm taunt

Shit's on LOCK

gacktt
02-26-2010, 01:29 PM
If it's really too hard living through brostorm you can just 1tank/4healer/5dps it.

You can even have one of your healers help out in dishing damage in his regular phases this way.

LogisticSaucer
02-26-2010, 01:59 PM
1 tank 4 / heal

That sounds delightfully awesome. Definitely going to try this at least once for the novelty.

Casper7526
02-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Also, a helpful tip as a warrior that picks up marrowgar.

Mocking blow is your friend, watch bone storm timer, 2 seconds before it ends, mocking blow. Now personally this works even better in our setup because the OT (or OT's 25 man) are already standing in position, as soon as I mocking blow, I intervene back to one of them and gg on our way we go.

Also, don't worry about ranged getting spiked and blah blah, thats what your healers job is to keep them up, it's better then having melee run over there which then causes a bonestorm to land on top of the person.

Gnurken
03-03-2010, 03:16 AM
Read on US forums that he no longer reset aggro on bonestorm, can anyone confirm ?

Bitterst
03-03-2010, 04:33 AM
We had been having a lot of trouble with this using a 2 tank, 3 healer, 5 DPS comp, but we switched to 1 tank, 4 healer (one of which was just bad offspec gear) and 5 DPS and killed it on the first attempt with little effort. It really seems as if it's overtuned in 10 relatively since the Coldflame and Bone Storm both hit for the same as the 25 heroic values. 7k hits would seem about right, but 11-12k seemed to be a bit tough when a healer was spiked.