PDA

View Full Version : Tanking feral druid tanking weapon

Crystalhaze
02-25-2010, 08:06 PM
I know this will sound like a nubbish question, but...

I am curious how a staff with agility compares against a mace with strength. I am currently using Distant Land to tank but was curious about using Cryptmaker. The strength would be great for tps even though I don't have a problem with threat. But it has 47 more stamina and without gemming for the socket bonus, would give me 62 more stamina than what I have gemmed in Distant Land.

I know the obvious answer, that Distant Land is better. However I am curious if the extra stamina would make the mace worth using in certain fights.

Any comments about this would be great, I am looking for more opinions. Thanks!

felhoof
02-26-2010, 03:04 PM
PRobably the better comparison isn't with Distant land - it's with http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50178 (Bloodfall).

In terms of Distant land vs Cryptmaker, you're giving up 140 agility and crit for hit and arpen and 40ish stam. Whether that makes or breaks a fight is really going to be on your raid. Personally, I know of no fight where that's really going to make a difference, especially noting that that 140 agi translates to 300 armor as well as more crit and avoidance.

Cryptmaker isn't a max EH staff; it's a max threat weapon and a max Magical EH weapon. There's nothing currently that threatens such horrible magic damage that you'd want to maximize that while also maximizing threat. Personally, I'd view it as a sidegrade at best, and only take it if no other class wanted it and I had had crap luck in weapons.