PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Another what to buy with frost question

Destrier
02-25-2010, 12:35 PM
First off, I have to say I'm really unlucky with drops and /rolls. But I have been pugging ICC 10 (at least the first 4 bosses) weekly and saving up frosts. So far, I have bought the cloak, trinket, and belt. All were huge upgrades for me. Now I'm to the place where I'm unsure of what to buy next. Many have said the Gauntlets of the Kraken are the obvious choice for most people, and I tend to agree. However, if I pick those up, I will lose my 2-set T-9 bonus completely.

Here's my armory. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Exodar&cn=Destrier

So I figure I have some hard choices.

First, I can go ahead with the Kraken, and just kiss the 2-set goodbye.

Second, I can buy the Kraken gloves. and switch out one of my other pieces (Helm, shoulders, chest) back to my T-9 piece to retain the 2-set.

Third, I can buy the T-10 shoulders with my Frost instead of the gloves. These would be only a minor upgrade for me, but would give me a start on the T-10 2-set.

Last, I can save emblems for another week or two and buy the Cataclysmic chest or the T-10 helm.

I'm just not sure what direction I should be thinking here. I don't want to do this in the wrong order and really mess something up. The T-9 2-set doesn't sound all that stunning, but losing 5% damage on HoR seems like it might sting a bit, or possibly cause some threat issues, and having a shorter cooldown on a taunt can always be useful.

So fire away. Any helpful thoughts or critiques would be appreciated

Destrier
02-25-2010, 05:46 PM
anyone toss me some ideas?

TBuckton
02-26-2010, 03:31 AM
I can't really give you a definitive answer (hopefully somone else might) but I can tell you what I am going to do.

Because of the massive amounts of armour on the badge bought loot they are very very nice. This does pose the problem with tier set bonuses (and other stats). Personally I am going to avoid the gauntlets and get the tier 10 versions along with the tier helm to give me not only the tier set bonus but also getting all the nice armour loot from icc 10/25 will leave me lacking alot of hit. You are going to want 2 set bonus for threat. I'm not fussed about the 4 set bonus as it seems very situational (and if i believe subject to DR but i could be wrong).

I am going to get the cata chestguard along with the belt, the key and the crafted pillars of might, then take T10 head (because its the best tier piece imo) and then tier gloves to give me the hit that i am lacking on other pieces and for the set bonus. This allows me to keep the tier 9 bonus until I have the ability to upgrade both pieces of tier at the same time to give me that set bonus straight away.

I hope my plans make your choices easier to make. :P

gabbu
02-26-2010, 05:50 AM
Although as a paladin you should not have an issue with threat even after the loss from t9 2pc. But considering you dont want to loose that bonus yet I would pick up Cataclysmic Chestguard first.

Astemus
02-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Try here instead... http://www.tankspot.com/forumdisplay.php?175-HALP%21-I-need-advice

This forum is for general gear discussion, not to help you decide what piece to buy next.

Destrier
02-26-2010, 01:42 PM
Sorry, I was unsure of exactly where to place this. Could someone move the thread?