PDA

View Full Version : Raid Makeup 10man

Amarasu
02-25-2010, 09:52 AM
My guild has tried to run 10 man twice now and wipe multipul times and we cant get past Acidmaw and Dreadscale. I'm wondering iif its because we have the wrong makeup. We usually run with 3 healers (pally, druid, shaman) 2 tanks (we've switched whos being tanking and i cant remember what they are) 3 range (2 hunters 1 warlock) 2 Melee. Do we need to change what classes we take?

Amarasu
02-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Can anyone answer this? Please!

dotOrion
02-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Well, twice isn't that much, you probably just need practice.

Maybe people aren't fully undestanding the Burning Bile / Paralytic Toxin mechanic?

Amarasu
02-25-2010, 01:58 PM
That is one place we are having trouble. I know last night that was the reason i kept dying cuz i couldn't find who had the Bile or it wore off as they went underground.

elowynn
02-26-2010, 11:32 AM
Our little family guild finally beat this encounter. Overall, it took us 12 tries to finally get everyone in the groove of the mechanic. Our raid makeup is usually 2 tanks, 2 heals, 6 dps. Our successful runs have been 2 Tanks (both prot paladins), 2 healers (disc priest and resto druid) and the rest dps (rogue, dk, 2 hunters, 'lock, boomkin). We tried several times with 3 healers but we found that we sacrificed too much dps.

The only advice I can give is keep trying and:
- Burn Acidmaw first, always, always! Burn all your cooldowns and take him down as quickly as possible. We try to have him down to 25% health or less by the first burrow.
- We found it much easier to put a plate tank on each worm. A lot of people suggest using a ranged tank on the rooted worm, but we just had too much trouble getting the worms turned away from the raid.
- Mobile worm's tank always moved the worm near the burrowed one so that the tank with burning bile was within close range of the other tank and then everyone else while still 10 yds apart, arranged themselves around Dreadscale's tank (usually the one with burning bile) so they were within quick running distance if hit with Toxin. You still have to keep in mind the poison could so some strafing back and forth will be necessary.
- if you can find a discipline priest for tank healing it really helps. We have a full range of every type of healer in our guild, but the Discipline priest seemed the best able to handle the large spikes in damage