PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Gemming for these particular pieces, what do you do?

MellvarTank
02-24-2010, 10:46 PM
If you were to acquire both the Cataclysmic Chestguard and the Pillars of might, what would you gem them for? Would you gem for the socket bonuses (+12 stam) or just gem straight stam in them? Colors are Blue, Red, Yellow.... discuss.

I guess it really comes down to Stamina, or Stamina +avoidance or threat (being that these two pieces are current kings in EH*)?

*Without having 277 T10

***Oh, and don't turn this into EH vs. Avoidance. This IS EH gearing, the question is based on these two pieces and gem choices which seems more min/maxing.***

Aggathon
02-24-2010, 10:52 PM
yes, 3x30 stam gems in each.

Splitting a +12 stam bonus when it requires a 2 gem difference instead of 1 is like gemming for 2 +6 stam gem slots.

Basically with all 3 stam you get 90 stam

With the mixture, you get 30+15+15+12 = 72 stam, which is 18 stam less, for like 10 defense and 10 dodge, imo I'll take the 200 HPs.

vine
02-24-2010, 11:45 PM
You can't gem in a bubble. What gems you choose depends on what other stats you are lacking (defense/expertise/hit).

Skaggi
02-25-2010, 02:23 AM
Your're no paladin. You can't gem in a bubble.

/fixed

Gem for stam all the way as long as you don't need def to stay crit immune.

Cheers!
skaggi

MellvarTank
02-25-2010, 07:52 AM
That was along the lines I was thinking as well. It's just counter-intuitive because the socket bonus is good, but my thought was "at what cost?!!!?!"

Of course taking into account any lacking stats this is a good place to gem them, but with the stats on each piece I can't forsee any of it being an issue. If you aren't over def cap and you are looking at these two pieces, something is wrong. O.o

Aggathon
02-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Gem for stam all the way as long as you don't need def to stay crit immune.

Cheers!
skaggi

Don't forget a red gem to activate your meta though.