PDA

View Full Version : Saurfang, BloodBoil, and Priest Sheilds

badhealer
02-23-2010, 10:22 AM
Our ten man group normally has me ( disc priest ) and one other healer, 2 tanks, and the rest dps.
We have been downing him for weeks on 10 man, but in the past few weeks, we are seeing him
gain more power from BloodBoil.

I had been sheilding the people affected by bloodboil and then casting a few flash heals or penance to get
divine Aegis to proc. We had been able to prevent him from gaining almost any blood power form
blood boil this way.

It seems like mechanic has changed, but I cannot find anything definitive on how it has changed. We
are seeing everything from "Sheilds no longer mitigate blood power from blood boil" to "only blood boil
ticks that are fully absorbed by sheilds are mitigated".

Does anyone know how blood power gained from blood boil is currently mitigated by sheilding?

gacktt
02-23-2010, 10:32 AM
We usually killed him in 10 and 25 without a single mark, 2-3 weeks ago he always had 3 or so marks on us now (very random rp gains as well).

The rune power changes I believe was that he just randomly spams boiling blood for power and mark of the fallen champion no longer gives rp to compensate, I'm pretty sure this change was necessary to make his heroic mode not a complete joke (pretty tough now actually).

On 10man he got his first mark at 87% on our first attempt, wiped. 2nd try he got it at 60%, a solid kill. no one really did anything different, RNG boiling blood.

Some guy said there was a bug where a full absorb actually made him give 5 RP for boiling blood instead of 2, can't confirm it though.

Akeber
02-23-2010, 11:02 AM
It seems like mechanic has changed, but I cannot find anything definitive on how it has changed. We
are seeing everything from "Sheilds no longer mitigate blood power from blood boil" to "only blood boil
ticks that are fully absorbed by sheilds are mitigated".

Does anyone know how blood power gained from blood boil is currently mitigated by sheilding?

The mechanic was changed, BP gains are no longer prevented by PW:S.

Even worse, someone had mentioned in another thread that there might be a bug and he was getting double BP gains from ppl with PW:S, don't know if that's been confirmed or not.

Quinafoi
02-23-2010, 04:17 PM
From Blue

Absorbs such as Power Word: Shield no longer prevent Blood Power from being gained when damage is dealt by Saurfang. Casting Power Word: Shield is not a bad thing to do as the ability will absorb the damage dealt. This was an intentional 3.3.2 change. We also removed the ability to knockback the Blood Beasts off the platform and the removed of Blood Power gain from Mark of the Fallen Champion damage. We unfortunately missed getting these changes into the patch notes.

Read it yourself at:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=22748822581&pageNo=15#296

This happened in 3.3.2 patch.