PDA

View Full Version : Lord marrowgar 10 man quick question

woodyman
02-23-2010, 05:56 AM
basically we are very new raiding guild we gave marrowgar a shot an failed on phase 2 mostly.
we did use only 2 tanks tho

i read the sticky but im still not overly sure on this
is it a lot better to use 3 tanks?

as we are quite low on dps anyway if we can get away with 2 tanks it would be preferable

my other question is after he whirlwinds all around room is it that important to re locate him back to a certain position?

any tips greatly appreciated

Darksend
02-23-2010, 06:10 AM
Every 10 man encounter in ICC is designed around having a max of 2 tanks. If your problem is phase 2 than it is a healing problem (assuming by phase 2 you mean the bone storm) as there is no tank during that so I am not sure why you think adding an extra tank will help. Sounds like people are just standing in fire and dieing or healers are just being bad and letting people die to the bone storm damage.

Mark your main tank with a raid icon and just make sure when the bone storm ends the mark is on the other side of the boss than the 8 other people.

Shortypop
02-23-2010, 06:12 AM
We always do 2 tanks (was 3 tanks not mentioned for 25man?), you'll need everyone to stand close and nuke the frozen people asap (tanks use cds if non-HoT healer(s) iced). If you can get the frozen people out before he whirlwinds then you have more time to move out of his way. Whether you move him or not after ww is personal preference we don't bother, but we do mark one of the tanks and try and turn him to face a wall (you don't want DPS/healers in front of him) - you 2 healing or 3 healing btw?

Colonel Mustard
02-23-2010, 06:47 AM
To trivialize phase 1, you can bunch up your raid inside Marrowgars hitbox, that way people can nuke without having to move because of fire, and all the bone spikes end up in the same place (the exception is hunters).

To fix your problem with phase 2 you need to identify where the problem lies. If people die, what's the cause? Healers out of range, healers not capable of healing enough, unnecessary damage, etc. If your healers are out of range, you might want to assign a few positions so that every raid member is covered by at least two healers at all times. People don't need to run out very far, spread out, but not insanely far away. If it turns out to be a healing problem, try using some cooldowns, divine sacrifice, divine hymn, etc. If people are low on hp, there's hp pots, healthstones, defensive cooldowns.

Cellinheim
02-26-2010, 09:55 PM
My curiosity of the situation lies in this... for those of you who have seen my posts in the past, im not going to argue, I am honestly curious here lol... Why does the tankspot video for this encounter suggest two healz? I do agree with the need for three, or at least for my guild runs lol, but what about everyone else?

MrMooky
03-01-2010, 02:25 PM
My curiosity of the situation lies in this... for those of you who have seen my posts in the past, im not going to argue, I am honestly curious here lol... Why does the tankspot video for this encounter suggest two healz? I do agree with the need for three, or at least for my guild runs lol, but what about everyone else?

I would advise 3 healers. I'm sure the super uber guilds in the game can easily do it with 2, but most guilds run 3. This isn't a dps race boss, it's got more of a survival feel to it. So long as you have good dps, you should have problems with the enrage timer running with 3 healers for the fight.

Theotherone
03-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Phase two is a "deceptive panic". The blue crap on the floor is the dangerous part, the Bone Storm is trivial damage, but people freak out at the whirling nut job with the axe. Have people focus on staying out of the blue crap, and have dps drop aggro at the end of Bone Storm so the tanks can pick him up.

Hydroc
03-04-2010, 12:26 PM

We run Pally/Druid duo healing team on every single encounter except dreamwalker. As far as this part goes, we assign a healer to the left and other to the right. Three healing is fine and maybe even prefered if the dps is lower and the healer are running short on mana. Our solution has always been push dps, dont stand in fire, dont give the healers things to heal that are your fault.

As far as a response for the OP, do people have warlock stones available, if so make sure they are using them phase 2. Assign healers to left/right side of the room. Make sure healers are being proactive and not reactive to the healing. For example a druid should have a rejuv running on everyone in range the entire phase 2. Priests should toss up renews even on full health and bounce prayer of mending every chance they get. Give raiders health pots, and stress the fact of not standing in fire and moving away from the boss. Staying alive in phase 2 is more important than pushing dps until everyone is comfortable with the mechanics of the fight.

Bashal
03-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Phase two is a "deceptive panic"...people freak out at the whirling nut job with the axe.

LOL. So true.

Blue flames, as said, is the big raid damage dealer here.

As long as people spread out during p2 so everyone isn't getting hit by the whirlwind at once, healing through it is pretty easy. Tanks should try and bring him back to roughly where he was being tanked originally; although honestly, you can tank him anywhere as long as the rest of the raid readjusts to compensate.

elowynn
03-15-2010, 06:29 AM
We have just started tackling ICC ourselves as a casual 10 man guild and as the people have posted, the key to phase 2 is not to panic. We found that you really don't have to move much at all unless he's targeted you for bonestorm and is chasing you. Other than that, just move out of the flames. We found it also helped to turn Particle Effects all the way down, so it's easier to see where the flames really are. With them turned way up, the flames look much bigger than they are. We did use 3 healers (shammy, druid & disc priest). As mentioned before we stack in his hitbox with the exception of our hunters who are just at minimum range to be able to shoot and they run in when he casts bone spike in case we are targeted for the spike.