Enhancer

All good geard and skilled

but we got major Problems on P3?

could this be cauz our melee setup?

or anyone has some tipps for p3
we come in it anytime with all cds all alife etc... but she wont die :(

felhoof
02-22-2010, 05:41 PM
It would help to know what you're actually failing at.

Are tanks dying? Are your DPS? Are you failing to destroy tombs? are your healers getting overwhelmed? Other than 'things suck on p3 pls halp' there's not a lot of actionable content here.

We ran a comp almost entirely like yours save we had a paladin instead of a warrior and another DK instead of the rogue, and things went swimmingly once we stopped sucking so much. Comp really doesn't matter here a huge amount, though having some FR gear and FR aura can help.

jizzik
02-23-2010, 01:31 AM
hm sorry

we actualy failing at dps i think boss is like not going down

and failing on stacks from the 3-4 ice its just trouble and tanks dies

Cr3m4t0rY
02-23-2010, 01:44 AM
Use frost resist gear. 2 parts on dps & healers, 3 on tanks.

jizzik
02-23-2010, 02:05 AM
but we actualy allrdy suck on p3 dmg p1 we burn him down but p3 its reaally slow wouldn frost resist gear fuck us more

gacktt
02-23-2010, 02:52 AM
Frost resist = your dps can have higher stacks on.

Also that lone caster dps(warlock) will have 100% uptime on arcane debuff, making him near useless anyway.

Arianne
02-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Replace your warlock with something else that's melee based (hunter ideally or ret paladin) or get another caster. Warlocks are not great at this fight anyway and the fact that he's a lone caster will mean that he'll always get the unchained magic and he has no protection from it (ie: iceblock or dispersion, etc).

Split your raid into two groups
1) Rogue, Enh, Feral, Holy paladin, Tree
2) DK, Hunter, X DPS (warlock), shaman, warrior

Group 1 kills the first ice block (don't kill the block fast enough that you don't reset the stacks). Shaman is tank healing the warrior.
Group 2 kills the second ice block. Holy paladin is tank healing the feral.

Make sure no one gets more than 4 stacks of the debuff. Make sure that stacks are always being reset. The rogue/enh may have to stop attacking in between ice blocks so they don't stack chilled too high.

Tanks can potentially skip one ice block by using a cooldown on the breath when they get ~8 stacks, but they need to reset ASAP after that. Make sure no one dies from iceblock. Make sure that people are putting the iceblock in the correct place for your strat (as near the raid as possible while not hitting the raid).

Proletaria
02-23-2010, 10:50 PM
P3 is all execution. Keep the tank rotating, ice-breaking, positioning of new ice, and everything else going like clockwork.

As someone above said, FR gear is win here. In full FR gear I took 19 stacks to carry us to our first 25man kill (the other tank being disconnected due to wonderful Stormstrike stability). Generally I would still swap at 4-5 stacks, but FR gear buys you insurance when something goes wrong.

jizzik
02-24-2010, 12:51 AM
thx for all those tipps

well cant replace the warlock hes in this grp sicne ages :(

but i can get fw on my feral n war..

thanks

swelt
02-24-2010, 01:51 AM
I'd have said get more casters, not less. If you have no caster dps, surely that would mean that the healers would constantly be getting unchained magic, which would probably be worse?

Phase 1 and 2 are the warmup. Phase 3 is where it gets hard. If you struggling to get phase 3 right, that's normal. You can overcome it by zerging (see other threads on 1 tank, 2 healers 7 dps zerg strats) which I personally feel is haphazard and probably requires you overgear the fight and get lucky; or you can overcome it by staying calm and having good coordination for the ice blocks. Frost resistance gear can help, but isn't mandatory.

jizzik
02-24-2010, 06:19 AM
hmm i could reset the rogue with an mage

would this work better for wohle icc?

jizzik
02-25-2010, 10:46 AM
we changed to

feral
warrior
tanks

druid
pala
schaman
heals

mage
wl
shadow
unholy dk
melee schami

guess this will run better

Aerna
02-27-2010, 06:39 AM
I'd have said get more casters, not less. If you have no caster dps, surely that would mean that the healers would constantly be getting unchained magic, which would probably be worse?

There is an hidden mecanism ( at least in 10 man, maybe in 25 man too ) that prevents 2 healers to get unchained magic at the same time. If you don't have any caster dps, you will only get 1 healer with unchained magic.

You should either get 1-2 more caster dps, or replace the warlock. If you don't have any other solution, he should spec affli, if he isn't already, and refresh dots despite unchained magic ( he shouldn't get more than 2-3 stacks before they fade anyway )

rocket808
02-27-2010, 04:00 PM
the game may also check your ability to spell.

make everyone wear Frost Resist.
keep a few people on the boss, and have them go every other tomb to clear stacks.
plan to have 2 tomb locations, and have people ready to move.
dedicate 1-2 people to FF on tombs (and those 1-2 only), thataway the tombs dont go down too fast, and give tanks and others opportunity to drop their debuff. if all dps go onto tombs, then sometimes the tombs do die too fast, and people do not clear stacks.
as you get used to it, you can figure out who does need and who doesnt need to maintain their FrR gear.

jonnyV
02-28-2010, 11:30 PM
IM a prot pally and i just solo tank it with 442 frost res on. with the extra dps she dies before i get too many stacks.
I just gem up the BS gear with the stats i need to keep me in range and i use my off helm from lady deathwhisper (25) and frost res it and use the -2% spell dmg meta gem.
I still dodge or parry most of her stuff and the frost dmg is a joke with that much frost res. last kill i had 17 stacks and was still hanging no prob.
And if all else fails keep the OT on hand so you can do 1 change out in phase 3 if needed.

If your gear is a bit weak it mite be good to have the druid frost it up. a bear in frost gear is easy to keep his stats in range.
more so then a plate tank

Nimin
08-08-2010, 03:54 PM
There is an hidden mecanism ( at least in 10 man, maybe in 25 man too ) that prevents 2 healers to get unchained magic at the same time. If you don't have any caster dps, you will only get 1 healer with unchained magic.

You should either get 1-2 more caster dps, or replace the warlock. If you don't have any other solution, he should spec affli, if he isn't already, and refresh dots despite unchained magic ( he shouldn't get more than 2-3 stacks before they fade anyway )

Let me tell you a story. I just made it to Sindragosa and I was the lone caster dps in the PUG raid. I"m an affliction lock. I knew that I would get Unchained Magic, but I did not know I would get saddled with it the ENTIRE RAID. Apparantly, no one else did either. I guess many people in PUG raids don't think they will make it that far. We tried many times to kill Sindragosa but to no avail. I had the mechanics of the fight down but in the end it did not matter. They blamed the failure on bad dps and guess who was at the bottom list with a horrible dps of below 3000. When I complained about Unchained Magic I was told it did not matter—all ranged gets it, including hunters and healers. WRONG! Hunters don't even get it. And just one healer at a time gets it. I was completely embarrassed and I'm sure they don't want me back next week even after I pulled good dps on the other parts of the raid.

Now, I almost got kicked from that raid. And if someone would of kicked me in a PUG group for the good of the raid, I would of raised all kinds of hell. You don't just replace someone after they've proven themselves on other parts of the raid, just so you can collect the achievement or the gear. That is a crock.

I guess you guys just think in terms of raiding guild or something but people do make to Sindragosa and the Lich King in PUG groups. However, it takes a long time to find a decent group of players who can gel as a group.

To me it seems like Sindragosa is screw the dps caster. As an Afflction Lock, I have one of the most complicated rotations there is. I worked my butt off during that raid and basically hurt my reputation in doing so. I tried 4,5,6 and 7 stacks and nothing made a difference. Does anyone care—NO!

Kick the lock! NO! I wish Blizzard would think in terms of what is fair.

Fledern
08-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Put your rogue (or any other fast hitting melee) on iceblock breaking duty on p3. That will prevent them from getting pwnd by chilled to the bone. Have all your ranged dps on the boss. Your healers should take turns with at least one of them not trying to clear stacks & healing the tank.

From what i've seen with all sorts of good & bad raids, if people can get the frost tomb placement going well (with proper positioning and only the marked person getting hit my it), then it's really all down to healers rotating themselves into clearing their stacks. I'm guessing your healers are panicking and trying to clear their stacks every iceblock - that wont work.

Nimin, i know how you're feeling. We had a similar problem once, except we were trying to do the thing on hardmode on top. It's still possible (we didnt manage on hardmode but normal mode went ok) if people know what's happening & adjust. With the 30% buff, losing one dps isnt that big a deal, we just oneshot her today with a 50% green crew. Just make sure the raidleader knows what's happening. Point them to this thread too. Hunters are the lucky bastards on this fight. And yeah it's a mess-with-the-caster fight, especially heroic, but then with nearly all the content since vanilla basically saying "bring more ranged", it was about time :P