PDA

View Full Version : DPS Ret DPS audit/review (with WOL logs)

anathala
02-22-2010, 12:11 PM
I'm in a small, casual guild that runs ICC10 weekly and scratching my head a bit about my DPS (I tanked all through TBC so this is a new side of things to me). Up front, here's the armory link:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Smolderthorn&cn=Anathala

Any comments/concerns on that? I feel the things that are most questionable are my rings (i.e., not using STR rings) but from what fooling around I've done in rawr and read on misc. ret forums are that the AGI dps Ashen Verdict ring is better than the STR dps ring. Also, the neck is AGI based but it placed higher on rawr than my STR based one. Also, I'm aware that I'm 0.5% under hit cap, but I literally never raid without a Dranei in raid (we have 2-4 depending on who runs with us weekly). Expertise is soft capped with Seal of Vengeance.

Here's a link to a recent WOL parse of our foray into ICC (I'm Anathala):

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c6cwnsxs4lry6vfd/

I was pretty happy with my numbers on Saurfang, but on Fester not so much. I'm following the EJ FCFS for 2 PC T9 of HoW>Judge>CS>DS>Exo>Cons (I believe that's correct, going off the top of my head). Rawr lists me as being able to do something in the order of 7500 or so DPS but I wasn't able to pull more than 6700 with hero and a haste pot in a VOA25 the other night (I can probably get a link to that parse as well when I get home). I just feel like I'm missing something and I'm not sure what it is. At this point I'm beginning to wonder if it's not something like lag or FPS but I wanted to run it by the critical eyes here and see if you can spot anything I should shore up in regards to spec, gear or rotations.

Thanks!

anathala
02-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Ok, so after a quick review of EJ I'm seeing my FCFS is a bit off. Should be more like this: Judgement > HoW > CS > DS > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath, although rawr lists a different FCFS rotation for me. Still, I'm curious about any gear/spec suggestions. I thrive on critiques and I really have no one I can discuss this with in game.

anathala
02-23-2010, 05:54 AM
So I'm using the correct rotation (according to EJ) and I could not for the life of me break 3800 DPS on a dummy. I even got clcret to make it totally braindead, and while it did help my dps a bit, it wasn't ground breaking. I'm still over 1k dps off from what rawr says (only my innate buffs from spec and no might/avenging wrath during testing). I'm also computing lag into rawr as well. This is kind of driving me nuts.

One thing I was wondering about was staggering my opening rotation. For instance I'll usually open with Judge>CS>DS, but when I come back around to those abilities, due to time lost in gcd and lag, I'll have them up almost at the same time and they'll sit idle on my bar for a second or two as I cycle back through them. I'm wondering if it might be better to stagger my opening rotation so I don't have them all coming off CD within 0.5 - 1 sec of eachother. For example using this as an opener> Judge> Cons> CS > DS, or something like that. Less optimal for the start, but they'll be more staggered and not up at the same time.

Or am I just over thinking this all too much?