PDA

View Full Version : Tanking T10 vs non-tiered for DK Tanks

fistfullofbeer
02-22-2010, 09:20 AM
My current gear is here. (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hyjal&cn=Unholyshmoly) I currently have 160 emblems of frost and am debating either getting the T-10 Legs and Hands to replace my T-9 (ilvl 232) ones OR getting the non-tiered Chest Piece and Hand piece to replace my Breastplate of the White knight and T-9 hands.

I generally run ICC 10 and 25 once a week with the guild. We have the first wing on farm for both and I have a very good chance of getting the Vanquishers mark should it drop (highest spendable dkp). The only thing that has been holding me from buying the T-10 pieces is the very little return value on both the 2 and 4 piece bonuses for T-10.

I will most likely never be running the heroic 10 or 25 versions of these instances. I am really unsure as to what to do. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Acidbaron
02-22-2010, 02:31 PM
You'll want to gear up your dps in raid first, if you want to progress. Looking at Festergut, Professor, Blood Queen....

There's more then one thread on here about this, in general the extra CD will be nice for LK fights mainly will have be less useful elsewhere where the 2 cd's should help more then enough, the offset pieces offer more migation. It's balance between keeping your expertise and EH high.

Nitrous
02-23-2010, 01:51 PM
I personally have 4pc T10, and I also have Broken Ram Skull and Gunship Shoulders from 25man ICC, along with Pillars. On fights where I need a little more armor and some extra HP, I'll run the offset pieces. For fights that are going to be hitting hard(Saurfang, Festergut Hard Modes for example), I'll swap to 4pc(sans the head piece) and I LOVE THE EXTRA CD

Proletaria
02-24-2010, 12:29 AM
You won't need the set bonus for non heroic content and the t10 set only really surpasses the offset i most cases at ilvl 277 (heroic 25m). Stick with the offset gear and enjoy the gearing options that come with NOT gearing around 4 must-have items for a set bonus.

Personally, i started with the offset, and i'm a week away from finishing my 4-set (technically i already have it, but the LEGS dropped from vault -_- and I do not want to replace pillars of bonus armor) @ ilvl 264. I would definitely suggest this path to anyone gearing up right now.

golsonkp
02-25-2010, 12:37 PM
Having 4 T10 pieces, it's harder to get room for other stats needed. It's rare to get the stats like expertise in your accessories. I also hate missing out on extra bonus armory from pillars of might. Having the T10 set bonus, you need your legs for the expertise. Having pillars as an offpiece would only make it difficult for me to find another.

I don't think you would need the extra T10 dmg reduction until end content(25 heroic) where the nitty gritty details are important, which I think I will never get to. If any offset pieces drop with the perfect stats you need, go for it. I honestly dislike have to gem for hit and expertise (other than your head where you lose only 3 stam). Having my gear stat for those, then gemming for stam I think is a big difference on your HP and survivability(STAM+ARMOR=KING?).