PDA

View Full Version : Keeping your cool...

chun
02-22-2010, 09:13 AM
Over the course of time, particularly in raiding, a bunch of little things end up getting to you -- well, at least me.
What are some tricks, or techniques others have used to avoid getting overly hostile, critical, or just downright
cranky.

This is when folks stand in fire, or dps doesn't switch targets, or healers stop healing tanks, or tanks misposition
or somehow go low threat etc.

Ryoku
02-22-2010, 09:44 AM
My 2 personal favorites are: take a deep breath or swear in a language noone understands ;)

zvon
02-22-2010, 02:45 PM
That what officer binds are for, bitch and let it out with them :) if you have no officers or do not wish to create that separation, don't PTT and freak out all you want while muted. After that come back into vent and fix the problem working with your team.

Ultimately, do whatever you do to relax in normal life situations, then solve the problem together as a team.

Acheronia
02-23-2010, 12:30 AM
I always find it better to not react. Someone does something bad, and you have an instinctive reaction to that. I fight for self control every time this happens. So I delay my reaction by a couple of seconds..

If there's definite measurables that an addon like Failbot or Ensidiafail can pick up, I'll tell the raid beforehand: if your name appears here, then *this* is your punishment. Your guild or raid set up will determine the seriousness of the nature of the punishment, be it a 50g donation to the guild bank or no option to loot from that encounter.