PDA

View Full Version : Warrior back into wow. now what?

artiev
02-21-2010, 02:18 PM
been gone since last june and need help on where i should head to for gear .

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Scryers&cn=Legendelite

MrMooky
02-22-2010, 11:23 AM
Farm heroics for badge gear.

MellvarTank
02-22-2010, 12:43 PM
Start in Heroics, then move into Naxx/OS/Ulduar/TotC/ICC.

MrMooky
02-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Start in Heroics, then move into Naxx/OS/Ulduar/TotC/ICC.

Skip naxx and OS. The badge gear is way better. Farm Heroics and get into uld/totc when possible to gear up for ICC.

MellvarTank
02-22-2010, 12:54 PM
I suggest Naxx and OS to get back into tanking/dpsing. How many threads on here complain about raid n00bs? I always recommend running raids you outgear, as then a mistake is not likely to wipe a raid.

MrMooky
02-22-2010, 12:58 PM
I suggest Naxx and OS to get back into tanking/dpsing. How many threads on here complain about raid n00bs? I always recommend running raids you outgear, as then a mistake is not likely to wipe a raid.

Eh, but out gearing a place isn't getting any practice in. That's like a boxer coming out of retirement and punching babies to get back in shape.

artiev
03-08-2010, 10:48 AM
been about 2 week since coming back and im almost there on replacing most of the old gear slots..
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Scryers&cn=Legendelite

i currently have both specs as arms.. one using hte typical 54/17 and the 2nd as the 55/8/8... any advice on when to use each

Destruyen
03-08-2010, 03:25 PM
i don't think your gear is good enough for the incite spec yet, i would stick to the 54/17 spec until you get some icc gear.

switch your meta to the relentless earthseige meta (21agi/3% crit dmg) that only needs 1 blue type gem to activate. a nightmare tear is all you need to activate the meta, so put it in a blue socket that will net you the highest +str bonus (t9 helm).

since ulduar gear levels, arms warriors have been moving away from expertise cap, increasing other stats instead and letting overpower make up the dmg lost of other dodged attacks. i ran 9 expertise as arms for quite a while, just having 4 exp from strength of arms talent and 5 from the orc axe racial. it's not a dps loss as most people think it is. so, drop the expertise trinket asap. the on use is bad enough, the expertise on it makes it even worse for arms.

the agi rep ring is better than the str version from ashen verdict, so switch that out when you get the chance.

since you are over the hit cap and don't need the hit from icewalker enchant, switch your boot enchant to tuskarr's or cat's swiftness (old bc enchant). run speed helps on so many fights in raids these days, getting to a mob or boss or getting out of nasty aoe makes run speed so much better than an actual dps enchant. the only fight i can think of that run speed will give you no benefit on is saurfang and festergut in icc, all trial bosses it will help in some way or another.

artiev
03-21-2010, 06:12 PM
been a couple of weeks thought i'd check in and see when ishould be regemming for arp... ive gotten alot of upgrades since last time