PDA

View Full Version : DPS Arms warrior. Need stat help

ocgenocide
02-21-2010, 06:30 AM
Im having some trouble with my arms warr. I dont think i have his stats right and cant seem to find what they should be at. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bonechewer&cn=Icydeath
i can pull 4.5k in VoA25 and in ICC rep runs. but other than that i seem to hit a wall at like 3.2k

Genome852
02-21-2010, 10:55 AM
I'm going to risk sounding like an ass, but here goes.

1. Haste gem in helmet -> haste is the worst DPS stat for arms.
2. Stamina gem in pants -> you're DPS, not tank. Throw a +ArP +Stam purple gem in there. Or, get a the +21 agi meta (Relentless Earthsiege) and throw a red gem in there.
3. Hit gem in boots -> you are 3% over the hit cap, why are you gemming for hit?
4. Crit gem in boots -> crit is not the best stats for arms, and is below ArP or STR in priority.
5. Get to the ArP softcap, which is 52% with a NES trinket. Gem ArP in your future pieces with sockets.
6. Why do you have 3/3 blood craze? Your goal as a DPS is to dish out damage but not pull aggro. Take 1 point and put it in commanding presence, take the other two and put it in weapon mastery. You need 18 expertise with 2/2 weapon mastery to ensure none of your attacks are dodged by bosses.
7. Wrong bracer enchant (Get +50 AP)

Oberst
02-21-2010, 11:16 AM
You should have no blue gems anywhere. You should be using a Relentless Earthsiege (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41398) and a nightmare tear (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49110) to meet all the meta reqs.

And like Genome said, you're dps you should be worrying about damage, not about healing or mitigation or anything. In all honesty, in a pinch you already have enraged regeneration anyways to help your healers out, if you need those talents to keep yourself alive, either your healers suck, your tank cant hold aggro, or get the out of the fire.

Also, make sure you're using the right "rotation." Rend applied > MS > TfB OP > Execute > Slam

One last thing, ArP is ALWAYS youre bff as an arms warrior, until youre in upper level ICC gear and hardcapped.

Sunderwhere
02-21-2010, 12:03 PM
The first thing you need to focus on is to start farming heroics using the random dungeon finder to get as many Emblems of Triumph as possible. Pick up all the T9 pieces except for the helm.

Replace your Mark of Supremacy trinket with either Darkmoon Card: Greatness or a Mirror of Truth, or even a Banner of Victory.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with Weapon Mastery, especially once you start picking up the T9 gear, as it will put you well within the range you need to be without needing Weapon Mastery. Put those two points in Improved Execute.

I can almost guarantee, as long as you're using the proper priority listing, your DPS will improve by at least 500, if not 1k or more once you've picked up the T9 and regemmed.

Destruyen
02-21-2010, 06:55 PM
The first thing you need to focus on is to start farming heroics using the random dungeon finder to get as many Emblems of Triumph as possible. Pick up all the T9 pieces except for the helm.

why would you pick up the legs as arms? the sep for expertise is around haste's level for arms.

pick up the helm instead to help get hit capped and drop that hit trinket, it's really bad.

stop gemming for crit, gem for str or arp.

Kazeyonoma
02-22-2010, 10:52 AM
Moved to HALP! forum.