PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Warr 4pc: Required for tanking LK?

Khadra
02-20-2010, 03:49 PM
Hello, long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm at a bit of a crossroads with gear choices for my prot warrior, and was looking for some advise from those with LK fight experience. I had heard that the 4pc bonus was useful from some friends, then saw the new tankspot vid on the fight and it leaves me wondering, how must have is the bonus?

My armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowmoon&cn=Khadra
I have 2pc T10 now and alittle over 100 frost emblems saved up. My original plan was to buy the offset chest and craft pillars of might for maximum bonus armor. (I know they added bonus armor to the tier chest, but it has no defense, pillars have no def, and the crafted boots I'm wearing have no def, so its not a workable combo) But now I'm hesitant to drop 95 badges on a chest and a couple thousand gold into legs that's going to be subpar for the last boss of the raid! Obviously either pair I choose, once i buy one i'm locked into buying the pair, else have an unworkable gear setup or alot of badges worth of gear collecting dust in the bags...

krc
02-20-2010, 04:43 PM
The 4pc is absolutely not needed but nice for the Lich King considering that if you have it you can just eat every Soul Reaper. What kills the tank is the Soul Reaper followed by the haste buffed melees, you can prevent this by having one tank eating the Soul Reaper and when they are healed up just take him back. I still reccomend for you getting the offset chest, Pillars of Might and trinket before you grab the 4pc.

Khadra
02-20-2010, 05:14 PM
Thx krc, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. I was thinking that was the best upgrade path for me, just nice to get some input confirming it.