PDA

View Full Version : Why I play a warrior...

Xav
02-20-2010, 02:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIX8grB4DjY

High quality version available at http://premoguild.com/forums/showthread.php?p=26426 (as well as music track info and some other stuff)

This is a not a 'conventional' strategy, but it's exactly the type that I love. I feel this fight in general is amazing for a warrior tank because every tool at our disposal can be used, and in general makes it extremely involved and fun as opposed to some simple tank and spank crap that you dont have to focus on at all.

Need more fights like this. Fights that involve movement, target swapping, the option to use many abilities that aren't just "threat", get the player moving and thinking about their next course of action. I have some other ideas on creative boss fights for tanks that keep it interesting, it's silly to think that Blizzard is running out of possible ideas.

Anyhow, enjoy the video, I loved doing it.

Thegreatme
02-20-2010, 03:45 PM
that is quite possibly one of the coolest strategies I have seen for that boss.

Casper7526
02-20-2010, 04:17 PM
I agree, this is why I play a warrior and I will definitly be doing this for our 25 man kill next week. Now I didn't see it, but it would have definitly been helpful to have a rogue break off maybe once or twice and give you a threat buffer with fok other than that, I agree, why waste dps on something that doesn't need wasted dps on.

Taryn
02-20-2010, 08:38 PM
reminded me of my days as a hunter kiting the razorgore dragons. thats just amazing, now i'm really looking forward to this fight!

thx xav :)

Nomiss
02-21-2010, 07:02 AM
Looks like a lot of fun...
Really love the small tricks like charging a MCed target to get closer and such. Keep it up.

Question, did you spec that way just for that fight, or do you use PH in other fights aswell? (Deathbringer, LK)

Lieuluke
02-21-2010, 10:03 PM
That was awesome. Those people in the comment box don't recognize good tanking when they see it. Nine and a half minutes of my life well-spent.

Fledern
02-22-2010, 02:55 AM
It really did remind me of kiting the orcs in Razorgore. When i first stepped into that counter i was given the assignment of "Grab the orcs & run like Benny Hill". The Benny Hill music would be a perfect fit for that video Xav. Great job & lots of fun. Thanks for sharing

Kavaren
02-24-2010, 12:32 AM
Nicely done!

Was curious if the immune message(s) were from bashes, taunts or the improved disarm you have.

Proletaria
02-24-2010, 12:49 AM
/jealous

Dragaan
02-24-2010, 11:00 PM
Just killed her tonight using this strat. Woulda never thought of it myself, heh. So thanks. Works really well. Having mages slow the pack when you kite near them helps a ton, so you don't have to worry about a fanatic straggler or two catchin up to u here n there. Thank god I'm human or I think I might have died on at least 1 occasion after being rooted by an MC'd druid, lol. If you're not human, make sure you have a priest watching you closely in case somethin like that happens (either that, or save ur intervene for this...but i found intervene to be useful sometimes while kiting). I guess you could hit spell reflect each time MC is about to come up also. Hindsight...