PDA

View Full Version : DPS Fury Warrior Desperate....

Sirjohn
02-20-2010, 09:08 AM
Looking for any advice on what I am doing wrong; I am stuck at about 6k DPS, no change I make seems to help. It may be I am currently upgrade limited; if so, any suggestions on what my next upgrades would be a great help. I am looking for about another 1k of single target DPS for second wing ICC mobs (I do 8-9k on trash, about 6k on Festergut). I am using standard rotation (WW-BT with slam on blood proc). Any help advice appreciated!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lothar&cn=Syrjohn

John

SixStringsXD
02-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Your main rotation is BT - WW - Open - BT - Open - Open - Repeat

In open spaces you should be throwing in your instant slams and sundering when those don't proc. In addition for the "Open - Open" space you can switch stances, rend, and switch back before your BT is back up for use.

One ot the biggest problems I see with your gear is your haste trinket - even something as low as Banner of Victory is going to be a dps increase for you.

Your spec is very odd... why would you have improved charge when you don't even use charge as fury? Get 2/2 in improved rend, 3 in Heroic strike, 2 in Iron Will, 3 in Tactical Mastery and then the normal Impale, Deep Wounds and Two Handed Weapon specialization.

You need to get rid of furious attacks and put them into better use - take out a point in unbridled wrath and get improved intercept and heroic fury - this will dramatically change your play style for the better, little to no downtime on most fights where you normally would be stuck running.

Lastly you need glyph of heroic strike... this is your bread and butter attack at high levels of gear, why would you make it cost 12 rage when it can only cost you 2 rage on crits?

Not trying to sound mean but you certainly have some work to do and researching your class.. These are some pointers that should help you out to begin with, good luck :]

MrMooky
02-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Furious attacks is a pvp move, drop it.

Sirjohn
02-20-2010, 11:04 PM
Thanks folks, will make the changes you suggest for our Sunday raid. I dont take your feedback as mean :) I really appreciate the input. If you have any other thoughts regarding gear let me know.

John

Sirjohn
02-21-2010, 10:02 AM
Six, you said in your post to rend? Do you change stances to do that? Rend only works in Battle or Defense.

SixStringsXD
02-22-2010, 03:30 AM
"In addition for the "Open - Open" space you can switch stances, rend, and switch back before your BT is back up for use."

Yes you switch stances, which is where tactical mastery comes in handy. Because after you use BT the second time, you have 4 seconds left on BT and WW CD's - so if you don't get a slam proc, switch to battle, throw up rend, switch back and you will have 1 second left until BT is off of cooldown - then you go right back into your normal rotation.

It is a bit tricky at first, and it's only a slight dps increase, but sure enough it is an increase.

This is also useful for when you need to shattering throw :]