02-19-2010, 04:30 PM
Hey, I just would like some suggestions on my gear as I am trying to get ICC 10 ready.
WoW armoury: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&cn=Orsick
I have 35 frost emblems and usually make 19 a week. (based on 2 frost a day 7days a week +5 from weekly raid).
I have 18 emblems of triumph and make about 40+ a week (I think I no longer need to worry bout triumphs).
Again, I am just looking for suggestions as I am trying to get ready for ICC 10 raiding.
02-19-2010, 04:36 PM
You are ICC 10 ready, your gear is better than my DK when he first tanked it and he didn't have much trouble.
02-19-2010, 04:40 PM
I have not done much research on ICC but I heard there is a 20% dodge debuff and well with that would I still be ready?
02-19-2010, 05:31 PM
You should be fine for ICC10.
Your next upgrade will probably be your cloak, unless you manage to snag one from a ToC Raid.
02-19-2010, 06:15 PM
I agree that you should get the cloak. Your Essence of Gossamer can easily be replace with Glyph of Indomitability from Triumph badges (just make sure to swap it out for heavy magic fights, like that dude in VoA - not that VoA is very tough but it never hurts to gear to the encounter).
Your gear looks fine for ICC 10, however I have a few suggestions (after all, nitpicking is what I do best!):
- You're over the defense minimum but still have defense enchants. Go for health or armor wherever possible, including the PvP shoulder enchant.
- Your spec kinda sucks. You should replace the SA glyph (useless) with the SoV glyph (10 free expertise, very nice even if you're over 26 from gear). You don't need Benediction for mana conservation, in fact most tankadins only roll with 1 point in SA because it simply doesn't return a huge amount of mana (in heroics, you don't get hit hard enough for SA to return any mana - in raids, you get enough mana from raid buffs that SA is unnecessary, with very few exceptions). Divinity is kinda crappy - it's alright taken on its own merits but compared to some of the threat and mitigation talents in the Ret tree, it's not worth taking. Imp HoJ is nice for trash or PvP, but also unnecessary for a raiding tank.
You should sub into the ret tree more. Vindication is a crucial mitigation talent for a raiding tank (remember that raid bosses scale with AP much more than players do, so 574 AP reduction adds up to a significant amount of damage). Crusade is a wonderful threat talent. I'd really suggest some sort of runspeed increase, whether it be the Pursuit of Justice talent (15%, very nice) or the Tuskarr's boot enchant (8%, not as nice but still very useful). This (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0tAbuMusIufdxfMobc:pG) is the spec that I use and recommend. (the third glyph slot can be filled with several options - HotR, Judgement, Salvation, Taunt)
Switch to this spec or something similar (for example, moving points from PoJ into Conviction, or from Heart of the Crusader into Imp Blessing of Might or something) will give you a huge increase in threat and a moderate reduction to damage taken.
- Your weapon is missing an enchant, I assume that's because you just got it. I recommend either Accuracy for pure threat (only if you're under the hit cap) or Mongoose for a nice combination of threat and avoidance (and a small amount of armor). I love Mongoose, and all the research I've ever seen shows it far ahead of Blade Ward (plus, Mongoose looks badass). Blood Draining is a decent alternative for pure survival as well.
- Don't gem parry, and I'd only use defense to meet exceptional yellow sockets (+9 stam or more), and even then in the form of a green gem. For red sockets (again, +9 stamina or more) use agi/stam, since agility gives you I believe 80% as much avoidance as dodge rating, along with a significant amount of crit and a small amount of armor. Agility is a nice all around stat (another reason I love Mongoose).
- Your belt sucks, as I'm sure you're aware. If you have no luck with the ToC 10 one, there's a halfway decent one in one of the new instances on regular (I believe HoR but don't quote me on that). There's also a crafted 226 one that's nicer than the one in ToC 10, but I dunno if you want to spend the gold on that or not.
- If you change your spec, you will gain more than enough threat to get rid of that armsman glove enchant for either +18 stam or +240 armor. +20 agility is another option, but it's generally better to gear for effective health than avoidance.
I have not done much research on ICC but I heard there is a 20% dodge debuff and well with that would I still be ready? Yes. The dodge debuff really has very little affect on how you gear or the gear required.
02-19-2010, 06:30 PM
You're definitely ready to be starting the early bosses in ICC 10, and your gear won't get much better without actually raiding. For paladins, gemming for Agility to meet your meta requirement is strongly preferable to either dodge or parry rating.
As a pally, Mongoose is still a solid enchant that provides a nice threat boost along with solid avoidance and armor on proc. For pure avoidance, Blade Ward will outperform Mongoose, and for survivability on the hard-hitting bosses of deep ICC, you really can't beat Blood Draining.
You also need to get run speed somehow, either through your spec (preferred), or through your boot enchant.