PDA

View Full Version : Troubled with guild members please.

Llama350
02-19-2010, 02:18 PM
Hi there, I am a guild leader of my guild and lately I have been having issues with two of my guild members. They aren't just pulling their weight in the raid because they are being a bit ignorant at times and don't listen to me. As well as one of the gets on my nerves when I am going over the tactic of the fight and they say on vent of raid chat I'm bored as well as can we get this going your talking to long. And one just will not listen to me about his class, I wanna help him but I have told him many times what to do kindly and not to upset him but just not working, and because of this, this is bringing down our raids and our moral.
I wanna go on for a more kinda throw away the kind guy be a bit more harsh and strict on them, but my problem is they have been in the guild for a while and our guild is small and raid with a certain amount of people in 10mans, and they raid with me every week but I'm getting tired of their ignorance. If i am to go this way to talk to them I'm surely they will get upset and do something that they and I will regret.
Please help me with this issue A.S.A.P.

Evilight
02-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Unfortunately these things happen all too often, it's probably because the person/people have been in the guild so long they feel "too comfortable". Realistically you need to decide for yourself, afterall you know these people and can judge what is the best action.

It would probably be beneficial to whisper this person one day, out of a raid, and just talk to them, calmly and politely, just ask what the problem is, and see what response you get. If they're just being an ass then you really gotta get rid of them from the team, like many others have stated before me, it's not about 1 man, it's about the 9/24 others in the team/raid.

You really should nip it in the bud asap though because it will start to fester, and get worse over time.

Luxx
02-19-2010, 05:47 PM
I agree with Evilight, I am a Guild Leader myself and one thing I personally cant tolerate are "Cancers" in the guild. These types of people will act up and cause all kinds of problems and inevitably drain the guild of moral which will make some people not even want to log in.

I would approach them respectfully on the side via whisper or vent and find out whats up, if they continue to act like children I would put boot to ass, kick them, and write up a post to fill his spot in the raid. Imo for every 1 childish sub-par player there is at least 1 or 2 respectable good player looking for a solid guild.

Thats my 2cents hope it all works out for you man!

Llama350
02-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Thanks guys, this helped me a lot and I know what I have to do now. If they don't agree with my terms I guess if worst comes to worst I gotta do what I gotta do. Again thank you very much for your opinion, helped out greatly!

Ellcryz
02-21-2010, 10:38 AM
I've been the raid leader of my guild for quite sometime. We have another raiding team that has been raiding longer then us yet we still manage to keep up w/ them in Raid progression. The Raid leader of this other team aske me how I did it I simply told him that I don't put up w/ any crap, you listen to me I'm the leader, if you have ne advice I'm open. If you don't follow the rules that I set I will replace you. I can replace almost any one in my guild because I'm always recruiting new ppl to feel in the gaps for real life stuff. Also I let eveyone know that thier position in the raid is not set in Stone. I do have a few ppl that are set in stone but they have been with me from the beginning and listen to be. So I'd say start recruiting ppl to fill the role of those who are giving you problems

zvon
02-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Bench them, replace them, remove the "cancer" and they will either quickly smarten up or leave guild, either way not a loss if it's causing problems

Hammerfists
02-22-2010, 05:41 PM
One thing dont do what a guy with the same kind of problem you had that posted on these forums: Let them know they are booted by a guild forum post with a picture with some catchy you have been booted text attachment, all that does is create drama. Communication is key to any successful resolution to a problem. If they dont want to talk about it or come off hostile then they are either getting burned out of the game or your guild. Either way there are plenty of players looking for a guild to call home never get stuck carrying anyone it just burns you out or the people around you.

Acheronia
02-23-2010, 12:46 AM
Luxx, I like the reference to a cancer. Another word: toxic people. They really do affect those around you.. even the really nice people have trouble staying nice when people like this poison your raids and ultimately your guild.
If you do remove them from the guild, do so with the least amount of impact. Right after you've removed them from the guild, you can make a brief announcement: "it's a pity he didn't want to change his attitude, but i need to protect the guild". Something that's not emotional or demeaning to the player. Let people ask questions.. and answer them publicly. Most of the time you only need 1 person to make an example of.

IronHorse69
02-23-2010, 10:02 AM
The game has become to much of a power trip. Its simple we all pay 15 dollars to play. People either wanna be in a guild for a few simple reasons. 1. loyalty from your guild? What I mean by that is a guild is there to bounce ideas off of for downing of bosses and receiving loot "gear" a pug is there for badges only. 2. A guild you build friendships with and if you show from the top down that you have a loyal following and your officers follow the things the guild has set into place! You don't have these type of cancers within your guild. I say start by recruiting players that actually explain to you a certain boss downing. I have weeded a ton of bad players out just by that simple question in the past. Remember in today's "WOW" everyone is a hero of the day but only few stand out for tomorrow.

gacktt
02-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Sit them out for better recruits till they get their act going or ragequit, that's the most subtle way of removing a guy without a gkick.

IronHorse69
02-23-2010, 10:36 AM
I agree gacktt but I don't know what its like on your server. On Cho'gall we have a very large amount of "pugged groups" each week. I mean to get a solid 25 for lets say 2 nights of raiding is like pulling teeth.

Hammerfists
02-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Sit them out for better recruits till they get their act going or ragequit, that's the most subtle way of removing a guy without a gkick.

The only problem i see with this is that if they get their act together what happens to the new recruits. Do they get a pat on the back and get set on their way with another guild on their resume or do they become bench warmers which is ok if the signed up for that. But more than likely they will feel like you used them to get those two inline than really recruiting them to raid with the guild.

Illidra
03-09-2010, 04:03 AM
Simplesty answer to the above statement : rotate the raid group.

Naturally you always run with a group you know can do well, but in my guild we know that 90% of us are willign to skip the first 4 or so bosses in icc 10 to give newer members badges and a shot at some upgrades along with a chance to prove their skill.
normally they are grateful for the chance at extra badges and a guaranteed 4/12 kill instyead of risking it with a pug, + our core team dont need the early loot so their guaranteed their drop 99% of the time.

you just need to pick your battles, but the fairest way is always:

AAA has signed for every raid since joining including progression but hasnt got as good gear as BBB and CCC

BBB only signs for farm content and always has a different excuse to not come on progression nights.

CCC always moans about wipes and/or taking too long.

theres only one dps spot, who would you pick?
in our case we'd go for AAA.