PDA

View Full Version : Warrior New armor .. What to choose?

richardjai
02-19-2010, 09:09 AM
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Legion&cn=Kniightmare
hey guys its me again, thanks to all your advice i was able to improve my tank some more. and theres a little update.

anyways new dillemma, after running icc10 last night. i got : Ghoul Commanders Cuirass (sry dont know how to hot link)
and im currently using Hauberk of towering monstrosity from Toc25

my dillemma is, i know that expertise is important. with the current one im using my expertise rating is at 28, and if i swap my expertise drops to 20 but i gain some more armor and another socket for 30 stam gem...
not sure if its worth it.
so whats more important? my expertise rating or stam/armor

MellvarTank
02-19-2010, 09:12 AM
Being that you are still over 20 expertise even with the drop, I'd swap it out. Are you having threat issues currently? If no, then probably a good call to upgrade that piece.

Harmacy
02-19-2010, 06:29 PM
Being that you are still over 20 expertise even with the drop, I'd swap it out. Are you having threat issues currently? If no, then probably a good call to upgrade that piece.

Agreed. Your current chest is better for threat, the one you just got is better for survival. Swap them in and out as needed, but I would use the Ghoul Commander's as your default. Consider replacing your weapon enchant with Accuracy (for pure threat) or Mongoose (for a nice mix of threat and avoidance), although this can certainly wait until you get a nicer weapon. I wouldn't spend too much gold on the one you have, since there are a number of good upgrades to it.

And please level up your professions :-P

Erobinia
02-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Survival, survival, survival. At this point, threat problems are on you and your performance, not on your gear. An ilvl 232 weapon is more than sufficient for holding aggro off of even the best DPS out there, even with a zero-threat enchant like Blood Draining - as long as you're playing well.

And yes, go level up your profs. That's a lot of stam you're giving up, and you can fly around mining while you watch TV.

Wars
02-19-2010, 11:40 PM
You should absolutely no questions asked do this swap. Do not get rid of your towering monstrosity chestpiece though. If you come across a huge threat fight which is not so threat intensive, possibly for an ULDHM run, zerg3d, things you don't need that max hp for but you could really use the threat, use the towering monstrosity piece.

I had this exact same quandry last week, definitely have to go with the ghoul commanders!