PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Leveling As Prot?

TheFallen
02-19-2010, 07:35 AM
Hey, so far up to level 68 i have been leveling as ret but when i get to lvl 80 i plan on using it to tank, but was wondering if it is viable to level as prot from lvl 68-80 as i want to be able to use the dungeon finder pretty fast and wanted to get some experiance before i start end game tanking. So if anyone could please tell me if it is pretty good leveling as prot could you please tell me :D

Thanks

Rune
02-19-2010, 09:48 AM
How I did it and I had great fun too, everything dies slower but u chain pull and pull groups of 2/3 all the time and it balances out, a very different playstyle to learn for sure.

Bashal
02-19-2010, 10:11 AM
You also tend to die less as prot when soloing, if you accidentally pull a couple extra mobs. :D

Grannos
02-19-2010, 01:16 PM
It's a blast to level as prot. The more you have on you, the faster they die. Now that being said, you better kill the casters as fast as you can, other than that, you will have fun leveling as prot. To be effecient at prot leveling, you need to go out of your way to get at least 3 or more (the more depends on level and you comfort factor) mobs to kill. I can promise, that you will kill 3 just as fast as you kill 1. Strange I know, but its true.

Also, being a tank, and using the DF tool, you will get instances done like a mad man. :)

TheFallen
02-19-2010, 04:55 PM
Thanks, i think i will go re-spec to prot sound like its going to be fun but i have 1 question about the talent points, should i just follow a lvl 80 tanking spec or is there another spec i should follow?

Supermassive
02-19-2010, 05:25 PM
might as well just follow an 80 tank spec, filling out your prot tree first.

TheFallen
02-21-2010, 07:03 AM
Ok so i have re-specced to prot and i am following a level 80 prot spec but when fighting mobs i always seem to be running out of mana, can somebody please post a rotation that is mana efficient.

Thanks