PDA

View Full Version : Saurfang heroic 25man

remanis
02-18-2010, 11:34 PM
Hi there,

I have some questions regarding the Blood Power gain of Saurfang, specially when it comes to throwing out the first mark of the fallen.

Why does it happen sometimes that the first mark comes out at 80%, and sometimes around 68%? We have no one linking blood boils, every one is spread out, the adds go down really fast and no one get hit by adds. Still, sometimes his bloodpower is stacking slow, ergo his first mark is delayed until he is at around 70% and sometimes it simply stacks like crazy and the first mark comes at said 80%.

We had a theory about using BoPs, IBs, Vanishes, Cloaks etc to minimize the damage tick from the blood boils and that might reduse the blood power gain on Saurfang thus delaying the first mark. But it didnt work that good. It was still the same.

How does the mechanic of the bloodpower gain work? If we use BoPs on people, and remove the blood boil, then he should not gain any bloodpower right? If a mage IBs the bloodboil, thus not removing it, but reducing its damage tick, does Saurfang gain any less bloodpower? Or is it the same regardless of the tick being 10k or 3k?

Appreciate any advice you can give, thank you.

Casper7526
02-20-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm not quite sure how it's working now, but I do agree that removing the boiling blood quicker then it's intended duration should lower the amount of BP he gains. I know they made it so even damage absorbed will generate BP, but damage that never happens shouldn't generate it... I believe though on your 2nd part that any damage is the same amount of BP, meaning if someone is only take 1 damage from boiling blood he's going to generate the same amount of BP per tick as if someone is taking 10k damage.

Personally, I would obv have people cloaking and blocking and stuff to remove boiling blood and save the HOP's for when you have 4-5 marks out on heroic and you need to concentrate heals a bit more.

gacktt
02-20-2010, 08:52 PM
I'm going to imagine he just spams blood nova on melee and get 10-16 runic power instantly or something. 10m H he had a mark up at like 85% and we wiped, next attempt it was at 60ish and beat him, he just seems to randomly get 10-15 power out of nowhere at times.

Kloon
02-21-2010, 06:42 AM
Do you have a disc priest? if you do, you should have him putting shield on everyone that gets Blood Boil.

As far as I know in this fight, if you take damage from something, he gains blood points. The only way to make him not gain blood points when you take damage is to completely absorb it or be immune via iceblock, hand of protection or other spells, using spells that reduces the dmg you take just makes it a little easier for the healing at that time.

Nomiss
02-21-2010, 07:13 AM
One thing can be slow tankswaping, thats not mentioned.. Can really remember exact how much every swing stacks BP, but if you take one instead of two that make a difference...
And since the "tank debuff" is on a random timer, you sometimes can get one at 92% or 85%, then the second really fast afterwards. (dont have any fact, but the internal CD is same/longer as the debuff and after that its random)
And there is nothing you can do about that more then being really fast at taunting.

remanis
02-22-2010, 12:59 AM
How sure are you about the Disc priest shields Kloon? To my knowledge, it has changed meaning that priests shields doesnt help. I can be wrong though. Anyone care to elaborate on the matter?

About tankswapping, we really have our tanks swapping like crazy, and I dont think that it is the problem. But will look it over with the tanks. We use a paladin and a DK if it matters.?

Darksend
02-22-2010, 08:06 AM
As of when my guild killed him this week there was a bug where instead of gaining 2 BP for it, if the target was shielded and fully absorbed he would actually gain 5 BP.

Arianne
02-23-2010, 11:58 AM
On our 10 man heroic kill it was extremely important to get the tank swapping ASAP in order to keep his blood power gains minimal.