PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Enchanting/Glyphing

Zasz.
02-18-2010, 11:06 AM
Hey all,

Long time reader, first time poster here. I decided to finally register because an officer in my guild recently approached me wanting me to change some things around for the sake of threat in our raids...most specifically:

Armsman on my gloves instead of 18 stam
Mongoose on my weapon instead of Blood Draining
Shield Plating instead of 18 stam
Devastate instead of Shockwave

I realize this isn't the forum for it, but he also wants me to change my spec around for a couple points in cruelty...and I had already been considering picking vigilance back up.

Here is the kicker: My threat is fine, and on most fights the dps isn't threat capped, his argument is that i can always be doing more. He's really just trying to help and I'd like to be receptive, but I don't really see the point in changing anything if there isn't a problem. Any help? Am I totally off base?

Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Jagermaestro

Yes I realize I don't have an enchant on my weapon and no gem in my ring, I just picked them up last night.

Kazeyonoma
02-18-2010, 11:15 AM
picking vigilance up will be a huge boost to your threat a lone. the others all pale in comparison to it.

picking up glyph of devastate will be a massive tps boost to you because of what it does to devastate's threat: damage + 315 + 5% ap vs damage + 630 + 10% ap. all the other "fixes" are minimum/useless, you won't even feel them, let alone anyone else, but devastate, and vigilance will be big boosts.

Bodasafa
02-18-2010, 11:52 AM
Here is the kicker: My threat is fine, and on most fights the dps isn't threat capped, his argument is that i can always be doing more.

Tank Priorities:
1 - Survivability
2 - Threat
3 - DPS( a lesser concern, but a plus if you can bring more to the raid while maintaining the above 2)

If your holding your target and allowing your DPS to pump out as much as they can without holding back you have #2 handled, there is no reason to do more TPS (threat per second). With that handled your main goal as it always has been as a tank is #1. Which means gearing, gemming, and enchanting for EH(effective health, armor+stamina).

Your spec could use vigilance.

For Glyphs you could drop Shockwave for Vig as Kazey suggests to make life that much easier. You can realistically drop Taunt for something else since most boss swap fights have enough time spaced out between them so you can Taunt and if it misses use Mocking Blow right after and not fear Diminishing returns for the other tank. Devastate as Kazey mentioned is just simply amazing. It also allows you to get that 5 stack of sunders up quick so your DPS can lay into a fully sundered target faster. Just remember you can change glyphs on the fly before a pull, carry some different ones in your bags and change when you see fit or test them out to see which you like best.

For gems I would suggest +30 stamina in all slots, looks like you have +51 to activate your meta, you could do some hybrids in +9 or +12 stam bonus items. If your short the expertise soft cap(26 skill) by a small amount use some exp/stam gems in slots where you would get the most stam bonus and eat the expertise food (which gives 4.88 skill).

For enchants I would recommend +275 hp to chest instead of +10 all stats. Gloves, +18 stam or +240 armor are the best choices. Shield, +18 stam is probably better than the plating, however that's debatable. Weapon, Mongoose or Blood Draining are both comparable, I prefer Blood Draining.

veneretio
02-18-2010, 12:14 PM
This sounds like an officer in your guild trying to find something to do. If you're already not holding people back then getting more threat is stupid. Yes, you can "do more", but that'll come at the cost of the survival stats you're trading for it. If I were in your shoes, my question would be, "What motivated you to bring this to my attention?"

I do agree that Vigilance should be in your spec. Puncture is a weak talent and an easy place to free up that point.

Bung
02-18-2010, 12:18 PM
agreed. get vigilance. The only thing I can imagine is that dps are complaining they have to hold back. I would tell the dps to count to 5 before attacking. problem solved.