PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Heroic Strike, yes or no?

Oodin
02-18-2010, 09:54 AM
http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us&server=Cairne&name=oodin

My warrior. This is my raid gear, spec, and glyphs. My priority list is SS, SW, and HS after getting the boss debuffed. I'll be dropping Imp. Revenge for Focused Rage before tonight's raid. My question is, with the buff to Devastate, does that replace HS as our filler? I typically OT Professor in our 25man group and tried just a straight Devastate spam instead of using HS and noticed a dps loss. However, I haven't been able to try it in an infinite rage situation. Any help here is appreciated.

MellvarTank
02-18-2010, 09:57 AM
HS operates "outside" of devastate, it doesn't use the GCD. You should still be keeping HS cue'd and using devastate/SS.

Dreadski
02-18-2010, 10:43 AM
40 rage+? use heroic strike
less than 40 rage? don't use it

This is the system I use to determine, becomes second nature.

Oodin
02-18-2010, 10:59 AM
HS operates "outside" of devastate, it doesn't use the GCD. You should still be keeping HS cue'd and using devastate/SS.

I know how "on next swing" mechanics work, just wondering if Dev. had supplanted HS. Thanks for the replies.

Bung
02-18-2010, 11:23 AM
mabey everyone does this differently but I never use HS on trash mobs only on boss fights.

GŁth
02-18-2010, 11:38 AM
The 2 situations where you shouldn't be using HS are:

1. I don't have enough rage for it

2. I need to Cleave for this trash pack / boss add / etc.

No reason to let white swings happen when you can easily convert them to Heroic Strikes or Cleaves.