PDA

View Full Version : Another guild bites the dust - Why is it so hard to find a good guild?

Banterloft
02-18-2010, 09:02 AM
Well I found myself in yet anothyer fail guild. We have had issues in the past and lost a alot of members due to a "Fight" amung the officers in open guild chat. We recoved and moved on. We did a no wipe 5/12 in ICC 10man on Tuesday so I thought things were going pretty well.... Last night.... "BOOM" I'm just not going to deal with that kinda of drama over and over. Starting over and rebuilding. I left, most of the guild left and "Another one bites the dust". I once was in a great guild. Everyone worked together, everyone wanted to be there, arguments happened behind closed doors, and best of all it was fun. They all transfered servers to a higher population but I stayed with my wife.

That was 2 years ago.

At this point I'm so frustrated I'm ready to turn the subscription off and just watch some TV rather than trolling the net for guild pages to try to get into. Servers to transfer to, new people to meet and relationships to build.

I guess what I'm saying is be thankful for your guild. There are those of us out there who will never know what its like to down that Lich King with the group you've worked so hard to do it with.

I think I'm going back to my priest on Cho'Gall. Everyone wants a healer.

Bigzoman18
02-28-2010, 12:18 PM
I see what u mean. But sadly thats that risks people take when they join raiding guilds from the most casual to the most serious

Jeszaera
03-01-2010, 12:55 AM
I dont really think its the nature of raid guilds to break up. There does seem to be some kind of weird trend right now, and I'm assuming it has to do with the accessibility of raid content and gear, but so many people think they're amazing players and want to lead a RAIDING GUILD. They form their guild and because they want to fill spots they dont screen very carefully, you get some problem kids, and a few months down the road the guild implodes. I'd think looking for an older guild would at least offer a bit more stability. Then again you might just have bad luck. Stupid guild dramaz.

dotOrion
03-01-2010, 07:43 AM
I would say: keep looking.

I've been in the same guild for over two years now.

The old form of the guild (TBC era) allowed me to see all content up to BT and the start of SPLAT. The GM and co-GM (a couple) stopped playing WoW and the guild reformed in some sort of re-oriented reincarnation of the old guild. We have currently downed Festergut25 , Rotface25 and Blood Prince Council 25.
Sure, we won't see LK anytime soon probably, and maybe we'll never see Algalon either (hardmodes are something we never really bothered with until recently), but I wouldn't want to trade this guild for any other.

woodyman
03-01-2010, 07:46 AM
i started my own guild for exactly this reason and its been lots of fun so far altho the screening issue is definately a big one
had a new guildy come along who was a total idiot an spoiled the whole night for everyone

MrMooky
03-03-2010, 02:56 PM
My Guild Leader is from Cuba. She also happens to be my girlfriend. The guildies love her, but don't get me wrong, she rules with an iron fist when needed. She prevents a lot of drama by having no tolerance for it. One of her good friends in the guild began to drum up drama with a raid leader, she bounced her friend outta the guild so fast. Needless to say, once every one say she booted a good friend of hers, they knew not to start any drama.